Reinstate Portal

Hello. I am new to this as I play Pokemon Go and some stops were removed from our park. I contacted Pokemon Go support and they said that I had to submit appeals through this community. So I hope I am doing this right, here it goes.

Category: Portal reinstatement appeal

Title of the Portal: Meadow Park

City: Centralia

Screenshot of rejection Email: Screenshots of emails from Niantic saying to submit to the community.

Image 1: Niantic support saying to post to the this community and saying they would collaborate directly with the park.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.

imgur.com/jckkhaN

Image 2: Meadow Park email reply from Meadow Park Manager stating that they tried to reach out to Niantic for us but Niantic refused to work with them at all.

imgur.com/m4As73t

Image 3: Additional details from email shown in Image 2. This shows the contact information.

imgur.com/JyZ7o7h

Image 4 and Image 5: Pictures of the Meadow Park sign from different angles.

imgur.com/nRep7j1

imgur.com/oflFuAk

Image 6: Screenshot from the photosphere at the location.

imgur.com/EeNdriK

Image 7: Screenshot of Google Maps showing Meadow Park when searched.

imgur.com/8n6EYak

Image 8: Screenshot of Bing search results

imgur.com/xNpru56

Image 9: Apple Maps search results

imgur.com/tbdbYxW

I am not sure what additional information would be beneficial but if anything else is needed please let me know.

Comments

• XQlusioNXQlusioN ✭✭✭✭

This portals removal has been appealed several times (do a search for Meadow Park).

Every single one of them has been denied.

Read the other topics to find out why

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭

There is no "Meadow Park" listed on the official Centralia tourism website.

• What's with all the pixel noise on those email screenshots?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭

Did a whois lookup on the domain. Interesting to find that the domain was created just five days ago.

Interesting that the registrant of the domain is marked private.

Compare this to two official Centralia domains.

Both state that the registrant was the City of Centalia.

• They bought a domain to get a fake portal reinstated?? What on Earth.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭

Last time we had this dog and pony show, they created mutliple accounts just to flag every post I made on these forums. And when the public GIS info was posted showing that the land use was classified as private property, they reported the posts for removal. There was even a screenshot of COMMs discussion where the person admitted to faking it all, which got removed as well. They have gone through some extraordinary lengths in order to have a backyard pokestop/gym.

• Hello everyone. I am new here as well. Full disclosure I am friends with OP and have never played ingress. I too contacted Niantic about the removal of the portals through the Pokemon Go support site. They told me to post pictures in this community and I was just going to move on until novakarp made this post and told me about it so I figured I would join in and hopefully I could get some things figured out even if it is just clarification for us.

TheFarix I saw you posted a website above (I tried to put it in here but says I can't post links) and that centralia site only lists the following parks: Dog Park, Foundation Park, and Fairview Park. This is only like 1/3 of the parks in Centralia but they are by far the biggest. The site never mention parks such as Central City Lion's Park, Bell Tower Park, Jay Cee Park, Bicentennial Park, Finger Park, Laura Leake Park etc. So in my opinion this is not a good source of information.

I know nothing about domains or anything like that so can't comment there.

Finally you mentioned GIS info showed private property. Can't a park be privately owned and still be a park as long as it is open to the public? Nothing in my limited research shows that a park has to be owned by a city in order to be accepted by Niantic. That would be like saying a privately owned library that is open to the public would not be a good stop. Or a privately owned hyper local restaurant that is open to the public would not be a good stop. Again, I am new to this and am just trying to get all the information out there and learn some things myself. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong with anything.

We are just a small group of players, about a dozen, that live around this area and down some of the side roads who really enjoyed being able to get together by walking a quarter mile or so to play a game we love. With this stop being removed we now have to continue driving 10 minutes to town just to do anything. While this isn't an issue for me and something I do daily anyways. The issue is that about half of my friends have greatly reduced playing or have nearly quit altogether and I just hope that this can be fixed and get everyone back out again.

Thanks everyone for your time and all of your information.

• Hey Brutus! Thanks for hopping in here. Ive been trying to get the rest of the crew to join in. If you want to post any pictures just set up an imgur account, upload them there, copy the link, paste it here, then remove the https:// and remove the hyperlink. It took me a while to figure that out. Thanks again for the support.

• This is so bizarre. I hope you guys know that on forums the forum moderators can see IPs so if you are posting from the same one they can see it.

Privately owned parks are usually managed by an HOA for a neighborhood but they wouldn't have a city website and almost definitely wouldn't have a park manager. So you kind of shot yourselves in the foot with this new angle if you wanted to go the private park route.

• Contacted seecentralia.com through their online contact form asking why they didn't include all the parks in the area on their website. Below is a screenshot of the response with names blurred just in case it is needed for this forum.

imgur.com/Z8B0924

The website also states that Foundation Park is a private park open to the public (screenshot attached) just like Meadow Park. Foundation Park has many POIs.

imgur.com/g2ceEf4

• There is no need for the name to blured out, please repost with full details, as currently this just looks at yet another attempt to falsify the portal

• Thanks I wasn't sure. Here is the email again but I did blur my last name and my email address because I feel better that way. Hope this helps.

imgur.com/xcA70OJ

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭
    edited September 12

You may want to edit that and take down the link, your name details are in the email header

Never mind my mistake

• Well this is interesting

• It seems the person who owns the land the so called bed and breakfast is on, does not own any of the surrounding land. How then is this a park?

• Isn't the park small and inside that area? I'm not sure why they would need to own all of the surrounding area if that was the case. I tried to do an overlay of your picture and Google maps park outline to help clear up the confusion. It's not perfect but shows a pretty clear picture I believe.

imgur.com/IUf5S9K

Theisman what question did you ask Rose? I would be curious her response to questions regarding the other parks in the area that BrutusDogg mentioned weren't on the website.

• Assuming that the white box in your pic is supposed to show the park, it is partially on 5 separate, private plots of land including 3 private residences. That would mean that all the owners and residents have agreed to make their land open to the public (which sounds pretty unlikely). If we assume that the park is actually limited to the one plot of land with the "B&B" on it then the "park" is less than 1 acre big.

• I asked if the park existed, if it was publicly accessible and if details on thw website were correct.

• No the white box is only part of the screenshot from Google maps. The park is the green park area as seen in OP's image 7. Sorry I made it too transparent and it is hard to see. I crudely traced it and here is another picture of it that can be compared to Google maps.

imgur.com/a/0R0TTdb

• It appears that the park is about 1.62 acres. I think this would be considered a Mini Park or Pocket Park. From what I read the size of a Pocket Park can range from 1/4 acre to 5 acres.

Screenshot of map plotted out to get acreage.

imgur.com/a/TJEUp6b

Screenshot of description of Pocket Parks from depts.washington.edu

Imgur.com/a/2H5Wfxh

• The whole plot is 1.4 acres. Take away the area covered by the house, pool and outbuildings it's going to be maybe an acre. I'd like to see some proof that this definately privately owned land is open to the public.

• JohnnyAlphaCZ. You could probably ask Mike Jones since he left a review for Dogwood Bed & Breakfast yesterday and you are both from Prague Czechia. Since he visited the area he should be able to tell you lol

imgur.com/02yGV3O

• JohnnyAlphaCZJohnnyAlphaCZ ✭✭✭
    edited September 13

Yep, that was me. I didn't review it. I flagged it as not existing. I don't like fake places on Google maps. The place has no business license listing, no phone number, doesn't appear on any booking apps. One of the two reviews claims that they stayed there a month ago after attending a wedding at a nearby winery... a winery that is listed as permanently closed and up for sale. But hey, if we are doing doxxing I can put the name, age, phone number, and criminal record of the person who owns the land here. Should I do that?

• Didn't mean to offend you. Just thought it was funny that you were accusing someone of posting fake things and then you posted a fake review.

You are free to post whatever you like here. It doesn't affect me but it also doesn't seem like that information about the landowner would be relevant to the topic but if you were wanting my permission go for it lol

Also the person that left a review a month ago never stated that he stayed there a month ago. He could have stayed there 4 years ago for all I know or he could be completely fake.

• *sigh* Again, not a fake review, I flagged it as not existing as a B&B as I can find no evidence that it does (or maybe I did review it, honestly can't remember). If you have evidence of it's existence please post it and I will withdraw my Google maps edit.

I'm curious though, if none of this affects you, what is your motivation for white-knighting this portal that has been proved time and time again to be fake? You joined the community yesterday and your only posts have been in this thread.

No, obviously, I'm not going to put somebody's private information on public forum whether I have your permission or not, though contacting the owner could yield interesting results. Either they own and live in the house and are the person behind all this silliness or they are renting it out and might be interested to know that their land is being marked as a public park.

I have to admit, I have sneaking admiration for the amount of work that has gone into the fakery, just not quite enough to let it slide. Also, the doxxing and the attempts to smear others who have pointed out the fakery has mildly irritated me.

I look forward to your next post being signed with your real name and place of residence (I'm kidding, I have absolutely no expectation that you will do that)

• I really wasn't trying to do any doxxing like I said just thought it was ironic. I am sorry about that.

When I said this didn't affect me I was talking about the posting of any owner stuff. Obviously I don't want that stuff out in the open if it didn't need to be but at the same time wouldn't have affected me.

The reason I have joined in on this conversation and joined this community is because I am part of the group that plays in this area and we all just want the stop back. I don't play ingress so after a while we all contacted Niantic support and they eventually told all of us that we had to post in this community any proof that we had. So when Nova made the post I felt like I should try to help out where I could. Some other people have already signed up as well and some haven't and probably won't. We don't come from a big city where there is a stop every 15 feet. It was finally nice that our rural park was recognized and we could actually walk to something for once.

My name is Drew Peacock (joking but sounds funny when you say it fast) lol

Again sorry and my only intentions are to help get our park back in the game and I don't want to make any enemies over nothing.

• What up y'all!!! Got the drone pics you asked for Nova!

imgur.com/a/hmdP7hC

Hope things can get fixed. Sorry the quality isn't the best but all I got

• Wow! Thanks everyone for all the support and interest in the post. Especially thanks to you BrutusDogg, NeroCatMatters, Dusty, and Unown. Didn't realize things would be this exciting! Wish you all well.

• Appeal Denied- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We conducted another review of this location and have confirmed our decision to retire the Portal in question.