Ingress Prime 2.31.2 Release Notes

12346»

Comments

• Hey All,

Just a quick question really to see if it's just me that's having this issue or not but with the latest release and the messy layout of the menu's compared to the previous release I just can't seem to Acquire "Portal Keys" when I'm out looking for new portals or taking down the opposing sides portals I always try to build my inventory up with a few keys ready for building links to practice with as I'm still getting to grips with the system even though I somehow got to level 6 playing in an unorthodox method...however after the update there are loads of things I'm seeing that is different such as no notifications when getting attacked/neutralised via push to my device,the portal keys which I mentioned above,the horrid trippy graphics that make my eyes go funny at times which personally isn't good if a player is an epileptic as it can set off attacks whereas the previous release didn't have this feature and was a lot cleaner and tidy looking.

However I went for a long walk the other day and I was only able to claim and deploy resonators after the update and I was burning out portals just trying to obtain a Single portal key (using the right request option) and it wasn't funny...so all that hard work I did was for nothing as the resonators have now burnt out,I can't even see them in the map etc...unless someone local to where I was shows up in the activities and I can have a look to see if the portals are still active or have burnt out...I haven't even had an alert to say they have been attacked...if i could roll back to the previous update I would...however trying to explanin the issue to customer support through the game I just get replies from staff saying no one else is reporting the same widespread issues that you are so it's your device and to try nother one,if I mention to them to look at the community board here they say they actively monitor it and no one is reporting the same issues as me so again it's just my device...I do know I can't play for more than 2 hours on a high spec battery as Ingress Prime drains my battery really quick which spoils my fun.

However any other input on this will be appreciated.

Regards

PhantomR1982

• I'm getting portal keys just fine. Try to get the portal to at least level 3 before gylph hack + request, as in my experience level 1-2 gylph gives too few items to include portal keys.

About the bzzz animation, I don't have any issue about it. At first it was like "uh oh quite trippy", but after 2 weeks I barely even notice it.

• @PhantomR1982 are you using the "hack with key" button in the portal details screen?

If so, I've commented on this thread that I experience the same thing. Aswell as a topic on Reddit noticing the same thing.

It works if you swipe straight up instead of to the button. It seems the hitbox is different from the actual button

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

XQlusioN,Well that's something I can try I guess,sometimes im just lucky to just get 1 portal key a day and that's it no matter where the portal is whereas I used to get them all the time if the hitbox is way off as you mentioned that will explain a lot,it was fine on the previous version and I got keys all the time it just infuriates me that I'm stood in one place for so long trying to get keys and I burn out portals just trying but I'll try the swipe up trick and see if it makes any difference.

• Tropical Jet,the items from portals hasn't really bothered me to much at the moment as I only tend to build level 1 portals but I get a generous amount via normal hacks or glyph hacking...I have more trouble remembering the Glyph symbols and getting it to register correctly...but your knowledge on higher portal building will come in handy as I expand 😀

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

That's RNGesus for you. However, I don't usually have problems hacking keys in Prime. And I've been using Prime exclusively for regular game play since around the beginning of this year.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I did a long time ago post a Reddit thread saying that the 'hack with key' option on the portal details screen gives me fewer keys than I would otherwise expect, but the opinion of people who replied to that thread was that it is working normally.

Glyph hack and enter 'more' is always the best way to get a key (or keys) out of a portal.

Nowadays we also have the long-tap on portal and swipe northwest option to hack with a key. Have you tried that?

• I'm a big fan of the indicators for nearby portals. The added color for faction ownership/Neutral is a bonus!

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

TheFarix:- Same here,I've not had any major issues until this whole redesign with the recent update and it's started to put me off playing if I can't get keys like I used to..it also defeats the object of having an option to request keys if it doesn't work as intended,prime is my first version of the game & sadly I didn't get to start playing within REDACTED like most of the original players have and swear by as a better product/version especially by battery power.

Starwort:- I've always had one key at a time,I didn't understand there use in the beginning and thought they were pointless until I read up on there features for linking & monitoring but you mention that you expected more than one ?? I never understood the reason of the second key option for giving them back though...I have however accidently tapped the screen on a portal today and saw the quick menu from the map for keys so I guess new things are learned daily 😁😀

Jingles74:- Simply put I like Pretty Colours Too Blue is Nicer than Green However & White is best when turned Blue...Turning Greens to a nice shade of Blue is well AWESOME.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad it often displays faction/captured status wrong. And sometimes it shows portals way too far away.

• N começo estava cheio de bugs mas, aos poucos está melhorando bem