Portal Submissions timing out in Ingress Prime? Try this:

GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭
edited September 9 in OPR

When you take a picture of a portal and it's surrounding area for a submission, the app takes the two photos with your phone's camera app. Depending on what model phone and settings it's on, the picture resolution could be huge.

So before I submit the portal, I reduce the resolution of the pictures I'm submitting.

I usually do this by taking the pictures before hand, and then screenshotting the photos on my phone screen. But you could see if you can change the resolution in the app or phone settings, or reduce the resolution using some other means.

Then when you want to submit the portal, choose your existing lower resolution photos instead of taking a new one in app.

Doing this reduces the time to takes the app to submit the portal and makes it more likely to submit in an area with not too good signal before it times out.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭

Images should be no more than 3MP, but most cellphone cameras will default to the highest megapixels the camera is capable of, around 10-12MP. If your default camera software will not go down to 3MP, use a third party app like Open Camera for Android.

• If you screenshot the photo, doesn't that get other phone status items to show up in the new one? I fear I'd immediately reject a submission that I could tell was a screenshot of a photo because it's too likely someone using someone else's photo in that case.

Prime needs to either start compressing the photos, or let us queu the submissions and wait for wifi to upload.

• When I screenshot it, I also crop it so only the photo I took is showing. But I can see why not everyone would be able to do that.