Status of OPR in Countries that have POGO Submissions active

How has OPR managed in places where POGO players can now submit nominations? How is the backlog

Just Curious as the idea of it coming live in Australia is rather frightening with the possibility of a 6mth+ backlog

Comments

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

it went from worse to worser, not enough reviewers, huge ammount of waiting time, trash submissions, valid pois denied, subjective internet dudes not following the guidelines...so many problems

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

I never have submissions to review out in Indore which is a large city in India but I am a heavy reviewer. I do see some pogo submissions once every few days but that's it. There aren't enough candidates for me to review there.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Quick in urban areas, months of wait in rural. The only difference I've noticed is that rural used to be faster, but urban is still quick: most of my submits get handled in couple of days.

• s3w2s3w2 ✭✭✭

It's has been a month since PoGo submissions were introduced in Portugal. Up to that time, Ingress submissions in heavily dense areas such as the big cities of Lisbon and Oporto were taking 3-6 months to show up in the queue. Everything leads me to think that it will get worse on these areas where there are large communities of PoGo players.

It's been rewarding to review PoGo submissions in parts of the country that don't have a single portal or a pokestop! I'm always happy to review a good and solid candidate on a deserted area that ticks all the boxes. This ability to submit pokestops/portals will improve the range of NIA games. This is the most positive outcome, no doubt.

On the other hand, there's not enough reviewers for the increasing demand. A portal on an low-density area that used to take 5-10 days to get reviewed is now taking 15-30 days, or more. Aside from this, the number of rubbish submissions increased exponentially which is a shame and takes the fun of doing OPR. I know some dedicated reviewers dropped OPR right now. Upgrades are not enough to get these people back.

In my opinion, the system is broken. It needs more and better communication towards submitters. They need to understand that some of their ideas are bad, not worthy and they'll just clutter the queue:

• Quiz type submission flow process: "Where is your submission? A) Exterior B) Interior". If B) Interior, is on your home, private property or in a farm? A) Yes B) No", etc
    • Submissions should be placed on a category first. And if so, provide pictures of what are they like.
    • Pre-check the location for duplicates! (the amount of duplicates is astonishing!)
    • BAN submitters that consistently send fake location/portals/pokestops. We are reporting them as Abuse but we haven't seen them stopping from coming back and send them again.

And some other things that can be done.

Throwing an extra amount of work towards OPR volunteers without any kind of added value or recognition is just a terrible idea and shows a profound lack of ethic.s.

I know that I can quit OPR at all time, but I do like to do it. I don't mind doing it, not even for the upgrades' sake.

I like to see the positive impact on a community, but come on guys, it doesn't have to be like this.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I do agree it can make all NIA games better as I see it here where they have suburbs that have plenty of excellent quality candidates but simply don't have any Agents.

Just had a little freak out when i looked at the number of Trainers connected to FB groups etc throughout the Country and them coming to the scary realization that OPR could get an influx of 100k (and that is massively conservative, could times that by 3 or 4) in the first week alone.

It would be nice if they added more incentive or something to show appreciation

• We have pogo submittions almost since they started(Mexico), I am from a city near of Tijuana. So I review from Mexico-Usa. The amount of trash revies is HUGE.

I am a Pogo Player, and on the raid chats they even say, they want a pokestop on their homes, they even tag me when they submit trash POI. Took a picture of their local park, and move the pin to their home. Candidate is reject and they complain. They submit a lot of trash.

Another BIG issue is with duplicate. Even when the mail literally says that not all candidates will go live on PoGo, they keep and keep submitting a portal that already exsits but not live on pogo.

Limbo: they do not coordinate and submit the same POI over an over, and I believe this creates a limbo that neither of their POIs goes live. And then i have to go to submit it and goes live in a few days lol and theirs rejected, not even duplicated.

I have a very weird case right now. I have a "Pokestop" approved from my PoGo account, i got the email last saturday but that POI is not live on Intel yet. Thats the weird part.

ETC(Estimade Time Compled. Or reviewed): it appers that ingress has better ETC than pogo POIs. At my cell is 5-8 days for ingress and pogo is about 4-6 weeks. Sometimes i used to forget where i used my pogo requests and few weeks later i submmit with Ingress, to get it duplicated because by that day it was already approved with pogo.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Yeah can see that being an issue, just with sheer number on Trainers over Agents the previous odds of a POI being submitted twice at same time was low but now it will and could be done several times at once.

Also the number of POI that get approved but never make it into POGO due to cell placement