Ingress Prime 2.30.2 Release Notes

Comments

• DGaleanoDGaleano ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Hi. I play on a Redmin Note 7 (Xiaomi) and both Prime and Redacted run as expected.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I have hard to see XM on max Lighting Dynamics on S10+ Prime 2.30.2

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

@NianticBrian

Phone: Pixel 2 XL

Android version: Android 9 (at time of first screenshot) fully updated

Ingress version: 2.30.2 (most recent version from Play store)

Here's a picture of Prime zoomed in with some XM directly in front of me. Same settings, only android updated to 10

Also, please note that when I said "maximum brightness" in the previous post, I meant the dynamic lighting slider set to maximum in the Ingress app.

• I wish mine was like that. I really don't care if XM is invisible. I would like to have an option to turn it off to save battery and increase visibility of the really important object on the map like dropped keys or other objects on the ground.

I understand that people like different things but I've been playing for several years and I really don't get it why some people want to see the XM, :-)

Anyway, NIA is "fixing" it and that is progress. :-)

• TropicalJetTropicalJet ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

To counter the ones who claim XM is not visible, these are screenshots of XM nearby on my phone, 2.30.2

1. With lowest lighting dynamics. The map is almost invisible, which cause the XM and portals to put into highlight.

2. With highest lighting dynamics. The map is very visible, with XM and nearby portals still visible.

3. With lighting dynamics disabled. This is my preferred setting, as it is a good balance between map and portal visibility. The second screenshot is when the map is zoomed out to the max.

I am using Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.

Seeing the screenshots of the users who claim that the XM is invisible, I can't help but wonder but is there really any XM to see in their map? There are no portals in their screenshots.

• The fact you cannot **** the XM in my screenshots just goes to show how difficult they are to see now, they are visible in the sceeenshot, just very dim and only glow somewhat decently (yet still much dimmer than before) during scanner pulses.

Also note the fact that so far those who are unable to clearly **** XM now are all so far using Samsung devices, there is likely a bug or design issue causing XM to not render properly on these types of devices.

@DGaleano Well good for you, I for one hate to not be able to clearly and easily see XM on the device I use. I like my map to look and feel 'full' given the nature of XM to supposedly be all around us and it just looks cooler to me. It also serves as a means to track where you have walked so far as you gobble up a line of XM leaving space behind you. Also, @NianticBrian clearly posted an update an annoucement regarding that XM brightness would be increased in v2.29, which it was, the fact it is now dim again in v.2.30 makes this a bug.

• The fact you cannot **** the XM in my screenshots just goes to show how difficult they are to see now, they are visible in the sceeenshot, just very dim and only glow somewhat decently (yet still much dimmer than before) during scanner pulses.

Also note the fact that so far those who are unable to clearly **** XM now are all so far using Samsung devices, there is likely a bug or design issue causing XM to not render properly on these types of devices.

@DGaleano Well good for you, I for one hate to not be able to clearly and easily see XM on the device I use. I like my map to look and feel 'full' given the nature of XM to supposedly be all around us and it just looks cooler to me. It also serves as a means to track where you have walked so far as you gobble up a line of XM leaving space behind you. Also, @NianticBrian clearly posted an update an annoucement

@DGaleano Well good for you, I for one hate to not be able to clearly and easily see XM on the device I use. I like my map to look and feel 'full' given the nature of XM to supposedly be all around us and it just looks cooler to me. It also serves as a means to track where you have walked so far. Also, @NianticBrian clearly posted that v2.29 would increase XM brightness which it did, now with v.30 XM is dim again so this is clearly a bug.

@DGaleano Well good for you, I for one hate to not be able to clearly and easily see XM on the device I use. I like my map to look and feel 'full' given the nature of XM to supposedly be all around us and it just looks cooler to me. It also serves as a means to track where you have walked so far. This was addressed in v2.29, it is now an issue in 2.30 again.

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Holly cow, I apologize, I multi posted without realizing due to this forum's weird post review system, I thought I was having connection issues where my post wasn't going through and kept sending me back to my draft, could a mod please delete these duplicate posts of mine as well as this post? Thank you!

• @NiantecBrian - Thank you so much for your advice regarding the flashing "Tutorial Loaded" issue - It has fixed my problem with Prime on my One Plus 6T - Greatly appreciated.

• @MaliciousWolf it looks like there may be an issue with XM visibility on specific devices, including the Pixel 2 XL, and we're investigating. Thanks again for the heads up.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be, since I got the update yesterday, XM is nearly completely invisible, again.

It was clearly visible in 2.39.x

I use Galaxy S9+

Dynamic lighting to max

edited September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to investigate! What about the UI display issue I mentioned earlier on Samsung devices where the app does not hide the notification and action bar despite being set to full screen mode in the device display settings? This is cutting off certain UI elements, and is also likely causing the cutoff off of text in the activity tab.

Post edited by MaliciousWolf on
  • GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

In actuality, the game NEEDS an option for immersive mode like in Redacted,

and an option to not have full screen.

I need the notification bar, and nav bar on Android to always be available to switch between email, and other things.

This feature MUST be available in WU as well, it is an absolute pain in the buttocks swiping to bring up the nav bar just to switch to something like email.

Android 10 seeks to make this even more unnecessarily annoying

• I agree with you on the need for an option for immersive mode. I wouldn't mind the current layout either with the notification and nav bars always present, but only if the UI scaled properly to not be partially obscured when they are.

• I would like the option of having a white background, so that I can actually play ingress during the day without having to have the shade of being in the car. I don't know if it's my night blindness, or if others struggle also, but I actually can't see the difference with the color Dynamics! Please give us this option, before closing the door on redacted

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Linking/ layering fields has a serious regression in this release. It was hard to get screenshots in prime because of the auto scroll, so there's a shot here from Redacted to help illustrate the problem.

I was throwing standard layered fields, largest to smallest, from a single anchor. Prime did not complete several layers at random, or completed them entirely out of order from the order in which they were thrown. I was not moving particularly fast through the linking process either. I had to back out of the portal and go back in three times in total to get all outbound links established. It took 3-4x longer than it should have, completely messed up the subdivisions, and also caused me to miss a lot of AP.

This cannot be a regression at this late stage in the game.

• The BUTTON has been there, not the functionality. Keys will actually be missing from the list entirely when searching by name.

• I switched over to Prime and found some language specific things:

On glyph screen the german text of message box after a command is given and the text of retry button exceeds its box. (Already reported through Prime)

Another bug is, that the speed lock message box is empty (no text) in german version. (Not reported because of so far not having a screenshot).

Is this read by support or should I make a film/screenshot and file a bug through prime?

• A new roadmap for the upcoming features would be awesome.

• DGaleano, your play style may vary, but being able to see the XM has two primary categories of usefulness -- seeing where it is, so you can go through it to gather it up (e.g. for recharging using portal-dispensed XM in dense areas, very useful from a bus or a bike), and seeing where it isn't, so you can tell where another player is or has been recently. The latter is especially helpful to pick up on impending frack farms, where someone forgot to **** up before approaching the frack spot, or for checking field anchors for possible disturbances.

Checking on the "XM hole" is also sometimes valuable in detecting spoofers -- spoofers will often teleport right onto a portal they want to attack or link from, leaving an XM hole perfectly centered on the portal and with no missing XM approaching or moving away.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Another bug is, that the speed lock message box is empty (no text) in german version.

That's an accurate translation from the English version.

• I discovered, that it is only sometimes empty. It seems to be ok after ****/restart the app. Same with missing manage button of capsules.

I got a default answer message from support: restart the app, clear cache, uninstall/reinstall.

• Why are we forced to update to the newer version. I don't have any issues with it. Version 2.29.2 worked well for me.

• I believe we should have the opportunity to stay in whatever version we have and not be pushed into another. With other games/apps you do not have to update it even if there is one.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Same reason as other online games, it ensures stability of the game as a whole, when there are as few versions in players hands.

As well as supporting other, under the hood features and fixes

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

You are quite wrong on that one. With every other online mutiplayer game (Warframe, ESO, Dauntless, CS:GO, World of Tanks, etc.), you are forced to update the client before logging onto the server(s).

edited September 2019

I disagree completely with this. Updates not only serve to add and fix upon existing features, but also patch out known vulnerabilities. A player who has access to utilizing an older client in turn has access to take advantage of said vulnerabilities which can ruin the experience for other players, or even worse, place other users at risk in the security of their devices.

• This. I'm seeing the same thing. FairPhone 2, Android 6.0.1.