How to start an IFS - Ingress First Saturday Organizator tips
Hi! I feel like this is a good place to start a conversation about things which can be good for you to know if you want to organize FS event in your country.
1. First of all: pick the right location
I know that it might sound silly but really, try to think about it before you register your event. You should pick a location with registration portal where is not a real high density of people but still with enough portals on your "Battlefield". If you're eligible to go to a pub and you have a favorite one, that's the right place where you really want to have your meeting point. a) friendly atmosphere? b) good drinks/food? c) do you know the owner? If are all answers possitive, you're in...
2. Before you really start to manage all other things, find your crossfaction partner and get to know with him, even when it's your enemy, you should trust him/her say who will do which things and discuss the location.
3. Go to your desired location and talk with the owner of the pub/bar. Discuss pros and cons (if there's any con for them at all bcs they will make some 💰).
4. Register your event
Personally, when you'll be picking the time when will be the registration portal alive, I like the afternoon events because you'll have much higher range for players (they don't have to get up at 5 o'clock in the morning on Saturday)
5. Think about the theme of your FS and ASAP submit your #IngressFS missions!
RN Niantic told us that the max amount of missions with #IngressFS tag is 6, don't even try to submit more missions...
6. Try to contact your local ingress community and ask them if they're in touch with other players all around the region or/and state. It's super helpful if you find other FS organizators and you'll ask for help. They'll be glad that they aren't alone, trust me.
7. Summarize the info about the event and start a chat group on the local most-used communication platform.
8. Share the info about your event and invite others.
9. Get some swag.
Ask some sponsors (city hall, banks, shops) if they'll give you some free stuff. Make your own swag, at least biocards it's good to order it with other organizers of events in your region because it can be much cheaper. Also, the more people attending, the bigger prizepool should be so think about prizes for winners.
10. Communicate with the attending players and respond to their questions.
If you like this thread and you want me to continue, feel free to contact me :)