Rumors that the TRs are going away?

GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I'm hearing rumors that the Trusted Reports program will be modified so that tickets won't be fast tracked. That's has been instrumental in trying to limit spoofers effect on the game.

If that is the case is Niantic simply giving up and letting the spoofers win after this big battle with sellers of inventory? Kinda sad if that is the case.

Comments

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

Krug says on his TG:

"So let's address the rumors. The Trusted Reporter program is not ending. The current iteration is. From time to time we evaluate our programs and make changes where needed. We've done this with the Vanguards, POCs, Embedded Reporters, Beta Testers, etc. The goal is to have the next version of the program up and running late next week or the week after at the latest with more clarity and ability to address issues at a larger scale."

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I sure hope that is the case. If feels like the spoofers are winning and it's not even close.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

At least it sounds like they are not sitting idle.

@ChiisaiKuma , that is the same feeling in the local groups I'm in. I have to say you put into words what I believe far better than I could have.

So, how's the spoofing going on in your area now?

• No increase that I’ve noticed, actually. That could change any time and I don’t watch intel as closely as I used to, mind you.

A couple months ago we couldn’t get a clear spoofer banned because hey, he could have taken a private jet between those portals. I suspect the old days were different but these days I’m not sure we got much out of TRs except the warm fuzzy of talking to a person.

• "The goal is to have the next version of the program up and running late next week or the week after at the latest"

This was... a month ago.

On September 6, it became : "We are still working on ironing out all the details to make the program scaleable and more efficient. As a result, it's taking longer than anticipated. Getting the new program up and running is a high priority for me and the Ingress team."

Any update? Any chance it will be operational before the shards event end, or before the anomaly series begin?