email change, make Niantic/Ingress ID for all players

Niantic needs to offer an option for all accounts to change the email address associated with an account.

Currently, there’s no access for Intel or Mission Creative Tool for me because those are still linked with the original email address ([email protected]).

If you need to change the email address, currently you have to use Facebook / Google logging but you loose access to Intel & Mission Creative Tool because those two are still stuck with the original email address :(

Another issue here is that not everyone uses Facebook this days and forcing players to create an account just for the purpose of changing an email address on Ingress is...well, not ok.

Here’s the solution for everything: make a Niantic ID profile for each player and unify all services so that when a player wants to change the email address that will happen on all services associated with that profile.

Players must have a choice for logging in, something like Niantic/Ingress ID, Google ID, Facebook ID and Apple ID...I’ll prefer the first one: Niantic/Ingress ID

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭

#F<%$#>Facebook

• This is what I was looking for. Niantic needs to improve Intel. At least the Ingress account should be synchronized with the one in Intel.