Remember how Cassandra Neutralizer was an unmtigated disaster until they added double AP for...

2»

Comments

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also possible to get 4 points per portal, if you start with an opposition farm, either 7 or 8 farm. Do a round of hacks at level 7/8, **** it, hack again at level 0/1, deploy, hack again at level 2, deploy and hack one last time at level 3/4/5.

This has the side effect of letting people get their own points, as the reclaim and rebuild.

But I agree the sweet spot is really 2-3 points per portal. Less effort and gear.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

So field art and IFS are antithetical to the game because they require both factions to cooperate with each other. Just because you do not want to work with the other team does not mean that xfac cooperation should not be encouraged.

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Sort of true for me. I did a lot of Myriad points by tram during Prague Mission Day. But on the other hand, local areas will bring a lot more points this time if played well.

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

First Saturday events are effectively sanctioned win trading, so... Yes. In any other context it would be considered bad.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Then perhaps you should ask @RedSoloCup if teams cooperating for this event is wintrading. Because everything about this event suggests that both teams must cooperate to be most effective in achieving the global goal.

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

You don’t need to collaborate - but you need someone from the opposition to clear out your portals.

I’m in a small town with only 2 main players - 1 Enl (me) and one Res. I was happy to see a visitor upgrading some of my portals only to figure out now that I want to go out that a lot of portals are already build up to 3 glyphs.

Enough time (7 days) to let them decay - or better - to get my 4 glyph hack that I can’t get on my own and hope for ENL (someone) to visit.

But my immediate plan - go out - go 34+ portals with 3 points each needs to be reconsidered

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to work with the other faction to do this challenge and other things. But like I said before, they would regard it as cheating, as I am sure many agents would. I would suggest your definition of fair play is the outlier, not mine.

• well, 1000 glyph hacks means probably 600+ minutes glyph hacking in stupid way (and then dropping all items I farm). not interested to do so, this event design is stupid, so skip for me.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Ran into something today I hadn't even counted on. Giant Florida Raindrops hitting my phone screen trying to mess up my glyphing. I planned a walking route, had to get back in my car and wait for the heavy rain to pass.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

I just went today and started this medal, and the method is a big waste of time, why cant they just give you the 5 points if the portal is already lvl 8, and if you are walking around solo, you would get 3 because cant get 4 or 5 secuence alone and that is when friends come into play

But put one resonator, glyph, then wait make it ilvl 2 then glyph, then wait make it lvl 3 then glyph...is a big waste of time, you are better off going to new portals doing glyphs if you live in a high density area if not prepare to suffer

• Well, there is one way to deny, but it's really stupid. Your team glyphs and build up a portal to L8, then flips it to the other color. They only get to glyph it as a L8 for 1 point. Like I said, this is really stupid.

• Since I live in a portal dense city with the opposing faction being the dominant one, I laid out my strategy like this:

- Go to portal cluster/street/block with many portals (about 10 - 20 P6 - P7)

- glyph them all

- throw a bunch of bursters to knock out 1 - 2 Resos in each portal

- glyph them all again

- throw another round of bursters to knock them down to P4

- glyph them all again

- neutralize the portals

- glyph them all again

Capture the portals.

If done correctly, this gives me 4 points per portal and some ap for hacking enemy portals. If I'm lucky, there's a P8 farm around and I have some spare heatsinks to get to 5 points. There's also the potential for even more ap after capturing in making links and building fields. After all, I can get enough keys by glyph hacking each portal at least four times.

There's also always the potential to revisit an area during my commute or while on the bus/train in different stages of buildup/takedown if I don't have the time to do it all at once.

No xfac buisness or time consuming coordination with my teammates needed.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Because @RedSoloCup stated that they didn't want to disadvantage rural players too much since they won't have access to high level portals.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but doesn't this system place that same disadvantage? I think you missread the comment.

• pitareiopitareio ✭✭✭

In practice, isn't a bit tricky to knock off exactly enough resonators on each portal to make drop to l3-4-5, then l2? Wouldn't it be much simpler to hack at l6-7,destroy everything, then capture and upgrade to l2 and l3-5 to get the 4 points?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

rural players can still earn easy 3 points per portal so i dont understand the logic that make 1 point no matter what lvl the portal.. thats just bad decision nothing else..

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

If you are rural then it depends if it is a disadvantage:

a) portals tend to be neutral as nobody plays - you can gain up to 3 points per portal (advantage)

b) portals are already owned by you and maxed out - you need more portals compared to Myriad. You either let them decay (enough time) or this is a disadvantage

Overall I think it is better if you have access to less portals.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I just understand why glyph points aren't used? When the stat popped up my accident last week - wasn't that the case?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Rural players are always at a disadvantage compared to dense urban areas. By making all glyph hack level worth the same points, Niantic has put rural players at a lesser disadvantage by putting the amount of effort to travel for both groups closer together.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

but a rural player can forget hitting the highest 1000 anyways? heck even the 100 if not enough portals will not help since all glyphs give only 1 point. and the punishment is way too hard if u mess up one sequence bybye points...

• Basically the same thing. However, I use up my low lvl xmps first. This way I don't do too much damage. If I destroy too much (happens in lower glyph tiers easily) I can still build the portals up with low lvl resos and hack again afterwards. With my strategy I have a higher inventory turnover, without running out of items, since I can use plenty of low lvl xmps and resonators.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

When fighting nemesis... I assume it's an XFac endeavor anyway. Wouldn't set a good precedent though... Lore wise it makes sense

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 199 points today by visiting the three little towns in my area. I could have gotten a few more had waited for the cool downs at the "passby" portals. But meh. I will be visiting a larger town tomorrow and hope to get up to 500 points or close to it. And I still have nother town I can visit and then the capital city of Charleston, WV. And there are a lot of other "passby" portals to and from those locations. And no, if I miss a sequence, I only lose out on one point. ONLY ONE POINT! I can still hack for the other two points.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Punishment has been reported as temporal: when portal comesout from 4H cooldown you have another chance to get that missed point.

I haven't had the chance to check it myself, tho.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

You do know that win trading is not in the ToS anymore right?

Ever since IFS changed format, win trading does not lead to bans.

But yes public opinion might be different in your play area..