Aurora Glyph Hack Challenge

Comments

• Done. 27km, 18h.

Now it is time to go to bed...zZZ

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The actual rewards are the overall 36 M.

This is on the same level as the Neutralizer and EXO5 fields challenges, perhaps even more. There's a challenge but it should also be somewhat fun. I understand that is what you make from the challenge but I can say I still had a bit of fun with Myriad because I was exploring places at the same time (and not rushing through it). This one just seems a bit of a forced slowed down pacing with 30 seconds glyphing and potentially waiting for hacking.

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

Can someone at Niantic please correct the spreadsheet !! I mentioned the error already after checkpoint 2.

There is a difference in progress between points still needed and points done. Actually if I add checkpoint 1 and 2 together then the first set of numbers is exactly 1.3 times the second set of numbers. (1586765+797297) = 1.3 x (1036597 + 797297), 921384 = 1.3 x 708757, 1298273 = 1.3 x 998671

I don't know if the 1,.3 is a fudge factor or what? But there should be only one set of numbers.

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

Done. Column D is fixed. I knew something would get overlooked and not be right.

• I don't know how it really works, but it seems doesn't matter if I heck 1 or 3 or 4 graphic portal, I only got 1 point. Not sure if it's because I'm using iOS or what...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its how this challenge works, if u hack a p8 or p1 u only get 1 point no matter how long the glypgh sequence is.

• Aurora Media opens to a Janus Laboratory password puzzle page. Been trying to crack the code, but it's late and my brain is shot. Anyone else see this yet? Any ideas?

Several of the boxes jump to "enter password" page. One turns into a flower. And another jumps to a Wikipedia page "Sextillis"

Thoughts?

Be well y'all.

@Arloglass

• Why there is no option to join Nemesis 🤔

glyphing in prime with continuously non starting sequences is so annoying so better to destroy portal network... 😒

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

the gap is just getting bigger for every checkpoint, now we are at 7,4m vs 11,4m last goal :( this seems hopeless.....

• I highly doubt we will mark the target. Majority of the of the players in my local area are either only going for Bronze or none at all. This task takes up so much time :(

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I think the whole thing where you can get multiple points per portal just doesn't work if you want to solo this.

Seeing as there's no way to tell what portals you had what glyph on, there's a huge dependancy on the state of the playing field when you're actually working on the challenge for beeing able to do the "most efficient thing" and 1,2,3 hack each portal. (disregarding cooldown timers, these present a seperate problem)

Most people likely just end up hunting down close to a thousand unique portals. The previous challenge had me hunt down 750 unique's which wasn't a huge deal and could have probably done with a bit more but having to glyph everything AND hunt 250 portals more eats time by the truckloads.

I guess it wouldn't be much of a challenge if there was no actual challenge but I don't know if i'm going to even try the 1k if I right from the get go already know I likely won't have enough time to finish. I imagine that hits global scoring as well.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

we are now at 9,8m, not even 1m points gained from last.. i think its obvious people have given up slowly...

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

@mortuus Ingress agents certainly have not given up. The goal was just unrealistic.

This is the relative performance compared to Myriad hacks at the same checkpoint. Doing unique hacks / Aurora points does get harder as we move along. Also some agents do finish early. Actually the last checkpoint was the second best (relative) compared to Aurora.

I'm not saying we really gain steam. But it either flatlines or is going up just slightly compared to Myriad - it certainly isn't going down as you imply. The overall average moved from 56% to 58% - meaning that my projection went from just over 16.5 million to nearly 17 million now. But it was clear at checkpoint 2 that we just were way, way behind.

Edit: We needed to more than double our early numbers to reach the goal. We still might get a slight uptick on the second weekend as agents try to gain badges - but this might move it from 17 to 17.5 or 18 millions - I doubt much higher.

• eByteeByte ✭✭
    edited August 2019

Well, I had the hope that there would occure a kind of learning curve pointing upwards. That players learn to ghyph better and thus increase the number of correct ghyphs day by day. Players, that never had ghyphed before, had the chance of learning to ghyph on L1/L2-portals and find out how many more items and keys they would receive. However, the portal's cool down time spoils many efforts.

I had to learn that the tactic of building neutral portals from L1 to L3/L4/L5 is very time consuming after having spend all Heat Sinks.

Alternately: walking in a 5 min circle around a few portals in order to ghyph, improve portal to next level, walk to the next portal, ghyph, ...

In environments with many portals it would be fastest and easier to walk from portal to portal no matter what level it is and ghyph hack every portal once.

On day 6 of the Aurora Glyph Challenge I have done 513 hacks, received the blueish-silver Aurora badge and won't go for the pink-magenta "gold" badge. - I'm a resistance player.

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

FYI, it seems like the "make a mistake and you can never earn the point for that particular sequence level on that portal" requirement is not actually working as advertised. At least as of two days ago (when I last tested it), I was able to check my Aurora stat (=X), fail a sequence, check my Aurora stat (still=X), wait for cooldown, glyph same portal at same level successfully, check Aurora (=X+1). Confirmed on multiple portals. Won't make a huge difference, but at least it's something.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my 1000. My brain hurts!

• at this round i stick to first goal (100 unique glyph hacks) because i consider the 1000 too much time consuming rather than previous 750 unique portal hacked challenge.

The idea of giving to correct made 5 glyphs sentences just 1 point wasn't a smart move in my opinion.

People is encouraged to blow up higher level portals in order to make faster L1/L2/L3 glyph hacks.

In my area i could easily got the 500 Badge but as previous one, too much blue so i do prefer the bronze one ;)

• jsylvisjsylvis ✭✭✭✭

Some of us have Onyx Translator many times over and just don't have the time in the day to go grind out a thousand glyph hacks on varying portal configurations.

• EvoldicAEvoldicA ✭✭✭

@RedSoloCup How many Aurora points do you have?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope more agents work for 1000 medal or more. 22 milion pont left to fight Aurora. Now i think we dont complete it when to few agent run for 1000 medal.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

haha only a few left and we are so far behind, last results shows only 500k from previous.. better prepare urself all for 33% less gear :/ its obvious now we we will pass at the end little over 20mil only.. so less then 16m points behind when its game over lol

• MaliciousWolfMaliciousWolf ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I am finally done, took me about 20-25 hours to get 500 unique glyphs in.

It is not possible for me to hit 1,000 given time constraints and work this weekend. If this was a month long challenge, it may have been more doable. I am happy, though, to achieve a nice rounded 500 silver badge for my first Ingress event.

Issues I faced was the need to travel to find clusters of portals to glyph, sparcity of portal clusters in local cities due to minimal amount of players in each city, what portal clusters I could find were sometimes already fully leveled by my own faction making it impossible to get anything more than a single point from each portal, battling extreme heat, the intense amount of foot travel in a short period of time, and general disconnect from society due to constantly needing to look at my phone to mentally keep track of what portals I hacked, what portals are next to be hacked, and the time consuming process of glyphing even when utilizing complex on L1 and occasionally L2 portals at my current skill level.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

Well failure was inevitably from the first checkpoint on.. too many agents just don't glyph hack and prefer the old tap&go (just a look at your local players Translator Badge will show that).

That and the rewards / punishments for meeting the goal. I doubt half the active agents will much notice the week of -33% Glyphing gear.

Hard to factor how high the challenge was without knowing roughly how many active agents there are arm but it didn't seem extreme.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

it will be interesting to get 33% less items from glyphing... :D

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Rather disappointing, was looking forward to even more glyphs coming online.

That is in addition to the new glyphs, Key, Link, field, star and shield, which came online recently

@RedSoloCup Any chance we can get those new glyphs anyway?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

if we fail we fail the new glyphs, otherwise there wouldnt be any point doing a global challenge if they decide do add them anyways? Then they might aswell dont punish us with -33% gear from hacking then since it looks like we wont even peak 20m.... i think they will do another global challenge after this with more realistic goals maybe...

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

19.9 millions left. To few agents work for 1000 on medal. I hope more agents work hard on the events.