Aurora Glyph Hack Challenge

Comments

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Yeah.... I hear you on that. It is frustrating being in rural areas. I'm feeling the same way too.

• @RedSoloCup did you try to play your same events?

• They kind of had to complictae the challenge to keep it from ending up as a "Sit in a farm cluster for a few hours and get gold" event.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

All challenges will be biased towards large urban populations. That is the unfortunate nature of the game. However, I believe this challenge is far more doable for rural players than the previous hack challenge because those rural portals are more likely to be neutral. You will still have to do a lot of traveling, but that aspect will never change with these challenges.

• chndrkchndrk ✭✭✭

If I deploy a p5, and while I'm hacking it gets upgraded to p6, does it count for the three glyphs that I hacked or for four glyphs because it was L6 when the server awarded the gear?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

If you get a 3 glyph sequence, then you get a point for the 3 glyph hack. If you get a 4 glyph sequence, then you get a point for the 4 glyph hack.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

this looks to be a fun event!

• - Agent Smith upgrades Portal A again and does NOT successfully complete the three character Glyph hack sentence. Agent Smith does not earn a point. Glyph hacking Portal A again and successfully completing the three character Glyph hack sentence will NOT earn Agent Smith a point. 

- Agent Smith and a friend upgrades Portal A again and successfully completes the four character Glyph hack sentence. They earn another point.

’ So can agent Smith ever hack the same portal again whete they made a mistake’ Like the next day or after an hour / 4 hours / till it’s been neutralised by other faction or next day or does this have to be unique portals only during the event ? This part I’m lost with lol.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

@SESsmurfette You only get one chance per hack tier. If you do not successfully get it the first time, then you lose out on the point for that tier.

• @TheFarix thank you I was getting my head around. WoulD be good if NIA can reset the portal hack points each day otherwise it’s very hard and time consuming. Should be called the unique portal glyph challenge.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

No

If the portal is

1 glyph sequence done correctly on the same portal = 1 point

2 glyph sequence done correctly on the same portal = 1 point

3 glyph sequence done correctly on the same portal = 1 point

4 glyph sequence done incorrectly on the same portal = 0 points

Doing the 4 glyph sequence on the same portal another day ( or when cooldown occurs) = 0 points

5 glyph sequence done correctly on the same portal = 1 point

• Hello, at my location gym or pokéstops are not available and I am the biggest fan of Ingress or Pokémon wold. Please help me. Please help.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Then, getting gold wouldn't be a challenge. But it is still far easier than the Myriad Hack Challenge since you need roughly half as many portals. Unless you are really bad at glyph hacking.

• But if you don’t have that many portals and need to travel and only 2 res agents in town myself and hubby it’s very time consuming lol

• BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

I work at 8-5 job, weekends free, and will earn the top tier badge easily by the second day. I'll be by myself getting at most 3 points per portal, maybe 4. This is definitely an easier challenge.

I'll be visiting at most 400 unique portals.

Although, once again the challenge will be much harder for rural players, but anyone in a decent city shouldn't have too much trouble.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have about 25-30 portals in my immediate area, so I need to travel anyways. But that is the story of rural Ingress in a nutshell. The one advantage I have is that I can almost guarantee all the portals I will be visiting for the challenge will be natural.

• Takže úplně k ničemu když okolí nemáte spousta portálů...

• pkaerespkaeres ✭✭
    edited August 2019

• It's good chance to promote 2.0 prime if it can show more info about that "UNIQUE".

But...NIA...

No expectations, no disappointments. XD

• QwizicalQwizical ✭✭✭

I don't agree with forcing some players to glyph hack. I have a friend that would love to glyph as easy as I make it look but she can only do 1 or 2 glyphs at most at once. It's impossible for her to find 500 portals for this. Not fair for everyone.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sonu3333

This isn't PoGo or WU, each of the games have different requirements for POIs, nothing we can do about that, except to submit portals, and review them in OPR

• Imposible si no tienes por lo menos 333 portales en tu ciudad y no fallar ningún glyph.

La verdad de esta medalla paso, no es un reto de habilidad, es un reto sin sentido, si le sumas que pondrán glyph nuevos peor.

Y no es por no saber hacer glyph, tengo doble onix en Translator.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

No challenge is ever fair for everyone. A challenge is supposed to be just that - a challenge.

What percentage of players not being able to complete a challenge would make it unacceptable to run at all? 50%? 25%? 10%? 1%? Just 1 agent?

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference is this is a damn forced chore more than a challenge. Congrats, you glyphed different portals until you hit 1k. At least I can show I went to different places with the other challenge

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

With 8 lv8 agent you will only need 200 portals, so your city will be enough. But let's say you will do this alone, you still can get it with just 334 portals.