OPR Guide

Comments

• KliffingtonKliffington ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

No. On both counts.

A drinking fountain is not a hyper local spot. It does not meet the same criteria regular fountains meet (ART). You're wrong.

Playgrounds are not eligible on private single family homes or farms. That was never said. Indoor playgrounds, business playgrounds and playgrounds in community areas in neighborhoods is all that the AMA clarified. Nothing on private single family home property will ever be eligible.

• Water towers and silos (think big object) are also landmarks, faucets (think small object) are not.

Also NIA has stated that POI has to be interesting and unique. So for example common trailmarker you have every 50-100meters is not good, even when it promotes exercise. Those faucets are far from interesting and thus not POI, unless they have unique story behind them.

Those "event POI's" are really bad example in general. Think it this way, faucets/tents/whatever during festival are mostly temporary objects and temporary object cant be POI. Still NIA made them POI for duration of event. Whit your logic, are you now also saying that POI doesnt have to be temporary?

• Read both AMA questions and answers for playgrounds. It clearly suggests playgrounds on private residences are allowed.

What crack you all smoking on fountains. How many of you have kids who play sports. They are hyper local spots during sports activities. They are activites spots used daily by the community at parks. They are also used daily at dog parks. They have access by foot. That is like saying pavilions arent allowed because they arent defined. But gazebos are allowed because they are defined. It clearly says fountains with foot access are allowed. How does drinking water fountains not meet having a fountain with foot access! Please. The word fountain is in the name. And you physical have to walk to use it. Clearly explain that. Because its racking my brain how idiotic you all are being because something is defined by AMA and not me.... just because you feel it's not unique. Doesnt matter what any of us thinks. It matters what niantic says. Per niantic it meets.

Nope copy and paste where Krug said a playground at a home is eligible

• Water towers have a utility use and design for its use. It is a utility that is a massive structure that is a landmark.

Silos are the same a utility for farms with a design for its use. It is a utility that is a massive structure that is a landmark.

Niantic defined fountains needing foot access to be approved. Not my doings. That was niantic and they are clear about....

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

Playgrounds on private residential property are NOT ALLOWED.

Niantic was clear that fountains (ART) must have pedestrian access. That is all they clarified.

Some advice. On October 7th you need to be ready with all your questions. Write them clearly (have someone proof read) and keep refreshing the AMA forum so you can get this settled by a Niantic representative. You refuse to listen to us and twist things to fit what you want to hear. It's tiresome.

• Q: fnordius - Here there are a lot of apartment complexes with private playgrounds, which is kind of a grey area. On the one hand, they are not single residences, but on the other hand they are private residences, often with lots of signs warning off trespassers. Can we, in the interest of not encouraging rude behaviour by Agents (and by extension, those who play Those Other Games) declare such private playgrounds as off limits, much like schools are?

A: As you describe it, these are completely eligible candidates. A person’s personal behaviour is not an indication of whether something is eligible to be a Portal.

He didnt say playgrounds on private residences are rejected. Contrary he said these are completely eligible candidates as describe by fnordius. Including that private residences have them too.

• Yet, having foot access doesnt make faucet POI.

Every POI has to have safe pedestrial access, or its an automatic 1/5

He said playgrounds in apartment complexes. Once again you are projecting what you want to hear. Niantic has always said private single family homes are off limits. Period.

• I even believe schools are allowed playgrounds now. Because it is clear and written.

• I could say the same about everyone else. When they are valid and meets the criteria defined. "Fountains must not be on water and have foot access" doesn't say decorative fountains meet it. It says fountains with foot access and not on water will meet it. Only fountains in the world with foot access that aren't on water is a drinking water fountain.... how can you be so blind to disagree with the AMA when it's clearly written.

edited September 2019

I can't help what you believe but NO PORTALS ARE ALLOWED AT SCHOOLS. EVER!

Where on Earth did you get that as clear and written when Krug replied "as you describe it, these are completely eligible" to a scenario of a playground at an apartment complex. That is what was described to him, that is what he was saying was eligible. Not school property, not someone's home, just a community area in a neighborhood

• They arent a faucet. They are a drinking water fountain. Google it yourself. You will see "Drinking water Fountains in parks" with plenty of pictures confirming what they look like and show that it has foot access by sidewalks.

edited September 2019

I can walk up to all the fountains that are portals in my city. So no, you're wrong again. The AMAs are clarification on existing criteria, they never introduce completely new guidelines. That clarification of fountains needing pedestrian access is about the current guidelines of fountain approval. Fountains are approved because they are art. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with reading comprehension but we are trying to help you and you refuse to listen

• Niantic made their decision and made it an amendment to the guide in the AMA. They are clear on what is allowed. Per the AMA people can submit things based on meeting the guide. As described playgrounds are allowed on private residential property. If niantic didn't want playgrounds approved they would of clarified that he agreed and all playgrounds are limited to parks otherwise. No they responded saying private residential is allowed and so is commerical property. They didnt even confirm that schools weren't supposed to have them, instead say by the way you describe it, they are all eligible portals.... that is clearly defined as playgrounds everywhere are allowed.

I'll say this again.

PLAYGROUNDS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY!!!!

NO PORTALS ARE ALLOWED ON PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY!!!!

The Portal submission should NOT be or include any of the following:

• Candidates in locations with NO SAFE PEDESTRIAN ACCESS.
    • Candidates of PEOPLE, BODY PARTS, LIVE ANIMALS, etc.; please, just don’t.
    • Candidates that are NATURAL FEATURES (Includes pictures of landscapes as well as submissions where the subject is a lake, river, stream, mountain, volcano, waterfall, etc.; does not include man-made points of interest – plaques, signs, etc. – near natural features).
    • Candidates that are NOT PERMANENT, including SEASONAL DISPLAYS that are only put up during certain times of the year.
    • Candidates submitted with a PHOTO THAT YOU DID NOT TAKE YOURSELF (i.e., pulled from a third-party source); these will be rejected even if the candidate itself meets acceptance criteria or is on the list of things we generally accept.
    • Candidates on PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY (including farms)
    • Candidates that may interfere with the operations of FIRE STATIONS, POLICE STATIONS AND HOSPITALS
    • Candidates on the grounds of PRIMARY/SECONDARY SCHOOLS

Which bit of this do you not understand?

NO. Are you being purposely obtuse now? I truly don't understand how far off the mark you can be. Time and Time again to the point where he probably won't answer questions about playgrounds anymore Krug has clarified that communal areas in complexes are eligible. That does NOT contradict anything about rejecting portals at people's homes or at schools. You need to learn to stop twisting things to fit what you want to hear and maybe you'll learn to find things that actually meet criteria and get approved.

• Your saying my reading comprehension is bad.

Yet you can't even read a question and answer and read the new criteria. Foot access with sidewalks + fountain = drinking water fountains are acceptable, decorative ones in water do not meet the response... Playgrounds apartments, private residential + commerical (mcdonalds) + schools are all described as eligible portals...... that is a clear response from redsolocup in the AMA.... how about instead of arguing with me you follow the AMA.... because niantic decided not me.

No Niantic has not decided any of the things you're currently on about. Your reading comprehension is bad. Really, really, really bad.

• Uh. I said originally the guide needs to be update which it never has. AMA August Defined the criteria not the guide and help. AMA's matter just as much as the guide and help. It is on the community forum with a response from Niantic.

• I disagree and believe you are wrong sir. That is clearly written response by Redsolocup. That is a clear response as to what is valid. Decorative fountains are not.

The AMAs do not contradict anything in the guide. Private residential property as defined by Niantic means single family homes and farms. Things in community areas in neighborhoods are eligible if they meet other criteria.

Once again, nothing in the AMA contradicts these facts.

• "As described these are all valid portals" "as stated in march mcdonalds playplaces are allowed".

Fountains with foot access are allowed. Foot access and fountain. Drinking water fountains meet the requirement. That is clearly written and allowed. How you can say it's not clearly written is what is wrong with OPR. You cant even see what is written instead it is constantly twisting to its not unique to reject things that are real and per guide. Yet niantic clearly says parks are common & great allowed portals.

Let me break down those AMA questions for you

Agent: are playgrounds in apartment complexes eligible?

Krug: yes, playgrounds in apartment complexes are eligible.

Agent: are indoor playgrounds (such as the ones at fast-food restaurants) eligible?

Krug: yes, indoor playgrounds (such as the ones at fast-food restaurants) are eligible.

You're welcome.

Per the AMA

A: One of the criteria for eligibility is the object in question needs to be accessible by foot.

So once again, you are reading what you want. One of the criteria for fountains is they must be accessible by foot. The other is that they need to art.

• Here is the question and answer. I'll break it down.

Q: fnordius - Here there are a lot of apartment complexes with private playgrounds, which is kind of a grey area. On the one hand, they are not single residences, but on the other hand they are private residences, often with lots of signs warning off trespassers. Can we, in the interest of not encouraging rude behaviour by Agents (and by extension, those who play Those Other Games) declare such private playgrounds as off limits, much like schools are?

A: As you describe it, these are completely eligible candidates. A person’s personal behaviour is not an indication of whether something is eligible to be a Portal.

Guide changes:

1. Apartment complexes are allowed. Now. Per his response.

2. Not single residences but on residential property is allowed. Residences and property are different.

3. Declare such private playgrounds are off limits much like schools. He disagreed. He didn't confirm.

All of the above are eligible portals as that is the response.... he disagreed with the question asker. It's clear the criteria is defined.

Stop. He disagreed that apartment complexes should be off limits in the same way school playgrounds are. He did not give you an opening to submit school playgrounds. And I have been saying this whole time that community areas in neighborhoods meet criteria. Playgrounds in someone's backyard are to be rejected.

• How are pavilions and playgrounds art? They aren't but allowed. Things dont just have to be art to be approved.

This discussion has been closed.