Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Being on military bases does not make them invalid. You need to report them through the scanner anyway.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭

Just because you dont like them or feel its unfair isn't grounds for removal. I Dont particularly like portals in the middle of a field when its raining hard and theres no cover, i still wouldnt request it to be removed if its a valid portal

• Ok, I swore that being on military bases was invalid a portal, Thanks for clarifying.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

This was mentioned to Krug by myself and other agents in the latest AMA for further clarification due to the confusion around military bases.

• Military portals are valid only !!, NIA clarified in AMA !

• Appeal Denied- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We took another look at the Portal in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14

Existing ones (pre OPR) are kept in, but theres currently some contention over new ones, what a previous AMA said was to reject any new subs, but the guidlines and OPR system only say to reject if interfere with base operations. Fingers crossed it gets cleared up with the AMA

• Ductch law says:

Artikel 430 Derde Boek. Overtredingen

Titel II. Overtredingen betreffende de openbare orde

Artikel 430

Hij die zonder verlof van het bevoegd gezag een opneming doet, een tekening of beschrijving maakt van enig militair werk, of die openbaar maakt, wordt gestraft met hechtenis van ten hoogste twee maanden of geldboete van de derde categorie.

<<best english>>

Any person who, without permission from the competent authority, records, draws up a description of any military work or makes it public shall be liable to a maximum term of imprisonment of two months or to a fine in the third category.

<<end>>

The pictures taken can be argued but still the pictures are taken on a militairy base with a high likelyness that premission was not requested.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭

Still doesnt make it a valid reason for a take down.

The TOS say

You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by Niantic on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you also agree that you will not exercise your moral rights (or equivalent rights under applicable laws), such as your right to be identified as the author of any of the User Contents, against Niantic or any third party designated by Niantic.

So the fault is with anyone who takes pictures without authorisation, not Niantic, they are using the pictures in good faith that permission has been granted.

• yes it is the responsibility of the playes and no Niantic is not responsible for pictures taken but game play should be.

The portals on the military base can not be destroyed or taken over by the opposite side.

Trying to recruit someone from the base to play for the opposite side is to risky for legal reasons.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭

Again you are wrong, Niantic have clarified numerous times that a portal does not have to be accessible to everyone, just because one team can access it and the other can't is not a valid reason for removal.

You may not like it, I don't particularly like it, however it doesn't change the fact that lack of equal access for both sides is not a reason for removal

• vke123vke123 ✭✭✭
    edited August 19

for example "asml" is also employee only. you can use those keys via several players and you complain about that

Post edited by vke123 on
  • wolb555wolb555 ✭✭
    edited August 19

No, difference is in the law. The military is governed by its own specific law.

If I would approach military of civilian personal working on a military base and they would report this to either base commander or military police that would at first be checked against military law and later against civilian law or just dismissed..

Because of military law I might get on trial because of suspicion of espionage linked to national security.

Wrt ASML that would not be the case unless ASML has a specific division that produces for the military. ASML falls under civilian law.

• niantic used to have military airbases portals as not approved in the portal criteria.... but since resistance seems to own the eindhoven military airbase they removed that requirement.... we all know niantic is biased and choses side with resistance... so now resistance seems to owns an military airbase its clear what Niantic wants! WAR!

never before i saw it like this but i guess niantic only wants to see a new world war starting

i can only say lets have peace all over earth! lets have some more portals that contribute to world wide peace ! ❤️