My cat is rubbish at Ingress

A couple of months ago I recruited my cat into Ingress. Everything was fine at first and he was totally into it. But then he started getting bored.

Now he just sends out uncloseable, miles long links and smack talks in comms. "I is best cat!", "dogs are stupid and ugly", "fish are the yum", "I done my bottom bizness in your garden" etc.

Since hitting level 10 he has submitted his favourite armchair 42 times, that spot on the carpet that gets a sunbeam between 2 and 4 pm 14 times and the wardrobe that has the clean sheets in it 8 times. I managed to stop him submitting my lap because that would've looked just creepy. Also his description was unflattering.

All the locals know he's my cat and are on me to make him stop, but I don't really know how talk to him about it without hurting his feelings. Any advice?

Comments

• put him in a washing machine.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

Did he ask if he can haz cheezburger?

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Catnip.... Lots and lots of catnip.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭
  • GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder how many Ingress agents are actually some other agents pets :D

• My cat sits on my shoulder while I am out playing / driving around town. Great while stopped or driving, claws are quite painful when we start moving and when we stop.

• mspiratemspirate ✭✭✭

What did you expect when you recruit your cat. You know the cat is trouble. Cat knocks things off of surfaces. Cat knows how to play you as well as he plays the game. The best thing to do is try and discourage him by telling him that he has no opposable thumbs and he’ll drop the phone and be unable to glyph hack. Distract him with a laser pointer when you see him with the scanner open.

• mspiratemspirate ✭✭✭

Also, if you include a picture of the cat, people might be able to offer you more specific advice.