How A Portal Got me a great Chili-dog.

Hi! Im new to these forums.

I wanted to share an unexpected success in the midst of a solo op to layer my city.

I had never attempted an op big enough to notably contribute to my cell's score on my own before. After laying out my plans on Intel, I set out to farm the farthest portal located 10km away. This portal was located at a small carving of a Pig next to a highway. Didn't think too much of it, i chose it primarily for its angle relative to the portals i had planned to link.

It was evening and i was hungry. I passed by the local DQ(Dairy Queen) and started thinking of chili-dogs. Sure sounded good. When i arrived at the pig statue, it turned out that the photo for the portal was turned 180 degrees away from the establishment the pig was sitting right outside of. It was a small BBQ shack! So i got to farm the keys i needed and enjoy a MUCH larger and tastier home-made chili dog from a ma and pa shack for the same price as the DQ one would have been.

My OP wasn't a total success as i only got a single field due to a mis-thrown link and the nervousness of walking around downtown which i had never done leading to me not paying attention and farming enough keys.

But it was freakin fun! And the chili-dog was fantastic.

Comments

• MysticalGnuMysticalGnu ✭✭✭

Yum!!! Sounds like a tasty lesson!

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I could go for a chili dog right about now.

• LiadinLiadin ✭✭

I love this story! I'm glad you had a great time and a fantastic chili dog. After I moved, I used Ingress to help me learn my way around my area. It has been a great way to find hidden gems like this.