How A Portal Got me a great Chili-dog.

Hi! Im new to these forums.

I wanted to share an unexpected success in the midst of a solo op to layer my city.

I had never attempted an op big enough to notably contribute to my cell's score on my own before. After laying out my plans on Intel, I set out to farm the farthest portal located 10km away. This portal was located at a small carving of a **** next to a highway. Didn't think too much of it, i chose it primarily for its angle relative to the portals i had planned to link.

It was evening and i was hungry. I passed by the local DQ(Dairy Queen) and started thinking of chili-dogs. Sure sounded good. When i arrived at the **** statue, it turned out that the photo for the portal was turned 180 degrees away from the establishment the **** was sitting right outside of. It was a small BBQ shack! So i got to farm the keys i needed and enjoy a MUCH larger and tastier home-made chili dog from a ma and pa shack for the same price as the DQ one would have been.

My OP wasn't a total success as i only got a single field due to a mis-thrown link and the nervousness of walking around downtown which i had never done leading to me not paying attention and farming enough keys.

But it was freakin fun! And the chili-dog was fantastic.

Comments

• Yum!!! Sounds like a tasty lesson!

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I could go for a chili dog right about now.

• I love this story! I'm glad you had a great time and a fantastic chili dog. After I moved, I used Ingress to help me learn my way around my area. It has been a great way to find hidden gems like this.