Biocard Idea

Many of us are very inundated by the prospect of putting together a biocard. However after seeing the potential in Wizards Unite I would think this would be a no brainier for Ingress Prime. On top of that Agents could order their biocards from within the scanner. The fact that this hasn't been implemented as both a feature and a great way to Monotize the App without creating another pay to win mechanic is beyond me.

Tagged:

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I would presume any features like this will have to wait until after Redacted is retired.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

A more flexible avatar like WU could be an option.

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

It might also be a way to encourage people to use Prime as Niantic is no longer updating Redacted.

I also can't wait to put an Enlightened Eye on my wizard photo.

• So some specific ideas I had:

Be able to add the following 3d images using AR core:

Sunglasses, bursters, hats (definitely the fedora and a tinfoil one as a joke), clothing skins.

Effects:

Hair color filters, eye color filters and maybe some crackling green or blue energy a la Jack Norman or Makoto. Xmp explosion blastwave.

Stamps:

Medals. Niantic Project, Enlightened, megacorp, and Azmadi, 13magnus, and other logos.

Frames: standard biocard frames.

Additionally this would be helpful since the official Niantic biocard website is gone.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic had a website where you could order cards. (I'm still going through a box of 1000 I ordered years ago.) They shut it down, probably due to underutilization.

• It was for US residents only, leaving the rest of the world out in the cold. That might've been one of the reasons it being under-utilised.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason is the contract with the biocard producer expired. This might also be a reason why they moved away from physical cards as they had to obtain different companies for other regions and customs were a mess. I still wish the format was utilized as part of the digital packs.