"Users hate change"

Comments

• That's good. When Prime does something good like give su faster access to cubes or recycling stuff, it doesn't get much attention, but when it changes a working mechanic that nobody wanted changed and we were comfortable with everyone gets upset regardless of whether it actually caused a problem or not. Granted many of the changes are also significantly worse than the previous mechanic while others are significantly better.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping since Android 10 is rolling out today, and Redacted will no longer be an option.

• It's only rolling out to Pixel devices right now afaik.

I took the plunge and updated mine to force myself into using Prime, because as long as Redacted was an option, i was using it.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

I got Android Q a few hours ago. I switched to Prime full time a few months ago. I tried Redacted over the weekend for a few minutes and it felt terrible :/. Now it's no longer an option for me at all.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

There's a huge weight difference in being invited to change versus being forced to change. Unless you're a psychopath like me, you wouldn't jump from the hot tub into an icy lake.

What was posted in GitHub is pretty accurate.