Feature Request: Bases for Portals

Yeah, it's very cool to have the portals be wispy bits of blue, green, or white gauze on the map, but it's not very cool to get eyestrain or migraines trying to parse all that visual data in real-time. PLAYERS WOULD RATHER HAVE CLARITY THAN COOLNESS.

It would be a lot easier to read the screen if each portal had a red or yellow octagon or circle anchoring it to the ground.

If you want to be ultra-fancy, make the octagons the color of the portal level. Or blue/green/white.

(Note also that the level colors are overdue for a refresh, 7 and 8 are hard to tell apart and pretty much the most important distinction to be able to see quickly in the field.)

(If you make the bases your theoretically neutral purple that many players, both Res and Enl, see as blue, you will be going backwards, not forwards.)

(Do be aware that there are portals so close to each other that their bases would overlap.)

(This idea is not unique to me, but came out of various discussions.)

Tagged:

Comments

• You mean like portal ornaments during anomalies, but then permanent?

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, something like the portal ornaments at anomalies, but much smaller and more unobtrusive. I want a hint that "Yo, there's a portal here.", not a bold brash "Hi, I'm an ornament and you should pay attention to me!!!".

Good thought, thanks for bringing it up.

• I want a hint that "Yo, there's a portal here.", not a bold brash "Hi, I'm an ornament and you should pay attention to me!!!".

Like the actual portals already are?

I'm not sure if adding ornaments to what is already an indication of a portal being present is going to make it less of eyestrain to scan the area. If anything, it will clutter the map even further and make it less easy to spot stuff.

• Something should be done to improve (at least) the visibility of neutral portals, as they blend in to the ground XM or the roads if they're near them. In certain lighting conditions, I have to go by memory for neutral portals!