Eyesight and Prime

From an X-Fac chat (not the same one as I clipped from previously):

P1: Prime is very usable, I find most game actions to be better in Prime

P2: You keep saying that, and it may be true that "functionally" the game works, but aesthetically it doesn't for a lot of people. Many people with good eyesight complain about not being able to see things, and people with low-vision have it even worse.

P2: I can't functionally see neutral portals. If I know they are there, sure. But if I am in a new area, I can't

Tagged:

Comments

• The pictures above the portal hinder the game more than add to it in my opinion. Makes things too hard to see. Neutral protals are nearly impossible to see at a distance when compared to redacted. I feel they need to be made more prominent, and lose the unnecessary extra images.

• mspiratemspirate ✭✭✭

I have some difficulty seeing everything in redacted on a sunny day. I can imagine that would be even harder to deal with in Prime.

• Just bring back the good old spinning tri-foil as opposed to the bracket to start out with. You can even make it a 3d trifoil and make it look fancy. At least we will know what portal we need to select.

• I agree that some parts of the Prime UI are still a struggle to ****. I'm 40-something years old and have some age-related long-sightedness coming in, but even without my glasses on (I can see out to about 20cm without them) and good light it can be difficult to read the distance to a portal on the portal/key screen, for instance.

That's one example, there'll be others where the brightness and font weight of the text needs increasing. The size is probably OK if these changes were made.