Position edit of portal in order to became pokestop

I am curious to know the staff opinion about this, there been a Lot of portal edit in OPR, trying to move then Far from real place with this purpose. Many portals dont became pokestop, and people are creating accounts in ingress only for this since the beggining.

I suggest a report Button in opr for both this kind of edit and for fake portals attempts.

Comments

• Preach!!! I see this a lot too. And obviously poor quality candidates and a lot of them just to fill out their cell coverage for gyms... People submitting should be given a cooldown for too many people giving all their candidates 1* or low averaged reviews. Just like we get cooldown for anything else in the game.

• E mandado varios candidatos que han sido denegados sin razon alguna y estando en lugares publicos, seria bueno apelar a estas peticiones que han sido denegadas para que los de niantic puedan revisar esas peticiones y ellos den su veredicto final.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@AgentX1976 i AM talking specific about the ones that move It Very far, totally out of place, Just to create New pokestop/gym. Distances like 10m or more. People who dont understand the Idea of AR and do not accepted that x portal is not in Pokémon.

@kholman1 you clearly missed the point here.

• JeroenixJeroenix ✭✭✭

I think in every OPR review screen (edits and subs) there should be an 'anomaly' flag that you could activate when you think there's something fishy about it (deliberate moves to break links/make gyms, nonsense edits, fakes, that sort of thing). If enough people would flag, it could go to NIA.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

So many portals are large enough that you can move a portal to one side to create a pokestop while still being on the actual object. Of course people take it too far and it's a waste of OPR time. However legit ingress agents submit a large number of time wasting edits some trying to move remote portals a few metres.

Personally I would like to see like to see for instance a ☆ placed on a portals thats got an edit rejection. To impede a portals being continually edited.

Maybe limited amount of edits like submission. It could even use the same variable to count.

Or 1 edit limited for each portal. If it got rejected you are not able to try again.

• @ReighElmos that’s what I i meant. TO have a way to flag the heavy abusers of moving it way of fast a POI. If it’s within the 20m of the portal is one thing, burn by the time youre up to 50 nine its just bad form of plying the game and OPR.

• There’s also a documented case where people must've done edits on one portal daily back and forth to **** the fields people we’re using the portal for... POGO and Ingress both abuse the system some times. Not just singling anyone’s out.

• In my area a lot of portals were in wrong positions to start with, so we moved some to correct locations to make pokestops. Some we tried to move 2 feet to generate pokestop and failed.

Trying to please 2 communities isn't easy. A portal 1 meter out could stop a pokemon gym appearing.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

I prefer when portal is in place where it actually exists. If bigger, playground for example, possibly it can be moved but what if this action will destroy someones plan for linking and fielding?

@mattyFRAICHE 20m in most cases are a big distance.

@randombeard this little is acceptable. I did it too. I'm talking to thing like moving across the street and half a block away.

Is common in opr seeing a portal with several edits, one in the exactly right place and 6 around somewhere like 10m away.

• @Hydraulinski not if it’s from one side of an athletic field to the other or from outfields to home base.

• EszetteEszette ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I understand when pogoers try to move a portal a few feet to account for S-cell placement. It’s not their fault NIA chose to go with a different level when porting from Ingress. If they try to move the portal to somewhere the POI doesn’t exist is where I tend to draw the line.

What I am talking about:

The portal is the Jesus statue. Easily a change about 10metres away...

• Oh dam. WE can do pictures now too. That’ll make explaining ourselves so much easier now.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@mattyFRAICHE , only if you level up. 😒

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

I am curious about how you are able to tell the purpose of the portal edit? All OPR shows is a location to select from with multiple choices if there have been more than one location edit submitted. When ever I get these I never assume the purpose, I just assume that who ever put submitted the edit doesn't know what they are doing or they have some ulterior motive to submit an edit.

edited June 2019

@CriminalBizzy is common to see also a edit in description with something like "please the left one. It will not affect the game in ingress and improve Pokemon".

Most is edits like that are clearly just to make it closer to someone house/job/school.

What about this one? It's a panel on the wall of a mall, exactly where the green spot is. How does needing to enter the mall improve the game?

Obs: this is the second round of this particular portal. The previous attempt has like seven suggestions inside and just the correct outside.

I have actually not seen a portal edit with a comment like that for Pokemon. A submission? Ya, I have seen a few here and there that make mention of Pokemon, but those usually get lower ratings because we can't have portals with invalid descriptions.

• @Patka07

I prefer when portal is in place where it actually exists.

This. I am constantly correcting portals... they should be where the XM is emanating. duh.

@CriminalBizzy you must be to lucky to live arround honest people. It's a verry common practice here where I live. People get mad because their submission didn't became pokestops and them try to move it far from the real place.

@Hydraulinski I think it depends on the Ingress community. From my personal experience, the communities that I have been involved with will try to recruit pokemon players. Maybe that is something your community could try?

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Join a Pokego discord channel, fb group or reddit page, you'll see many who do against TOS whereas fake portal creations, moves, approvals to multiaccounts, spoofs, etc. I'm not saying it's just the pokemon crowd, but at this time it is the majority over the Ingress agents.