show all agents that attack the portal

hello,

i was wondering it would be good if we can see all the agent who attacked the portal instead of the first agent.

It is sometime very puzzling to see how a level 5 agent is able to bring down a level 8 portal with 4 aegis shield in a short timing. i suspect it should be several other agent assisting while using the level 5 or lower agent to masked it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Why would a level 5 agent take that much longer then a level 8 agent? Spamming a portal with level 5 ultra strikes works just fine, at least in removing the shields.

Furthermore I don't think it's a great idea. There's no inherant value in knowing exactly what bunch of people are attacking your portal other then the fact it's beeing currently attacked. If you're an active player these reports are already pretty spammy. If a group of agents would go on a wrecking round that would make the notifications go nuts.

An alternative would be agregating all the attackers into a single notification but this would delay the notification and kind of defeat the purpose.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

A level 5 agent can very easily take down a level 8 portal with 4 Aegis shields by ultrastriking them off. I did exactly this when I was level 5 after recursing. You can knock off Aegis shields with level 1 ultrastrikes if you're patient enough.

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

It almost sounds like you're trying to **** that any Level 5 agent taking down a portal by themselves is somehow cheating. But rather than jump to that, I'll move on.

I agree with both Kevinsky and SoylentGrien. Kevin makes a very good point that if we were notified of every single attack by any agent on a portal, the notifications would be going off like crazy. Even moreso if a level 5 agent just launched a random to take down a nearby portal, but not your own. Every single time your portal got hit, you'd get notified. That would be Insane.

and Soylent makes another good point by pointing out that they've done it before. Enough time and patience being put onto a portal and any mods can easily take it down.

Also I would like to add, that it might encourage more malicious players to track down any low level player that 'dared' to strike their portal, because some people (Myself included at one point in time) take the game way too seriously.

In the end, your idea is good, but it has a lot of faults.