Scanner Special Effects Cause Motion Sickness

From an X-Fac chat:

"The day Redacted was down, I gave Prime another try. Still nope. It makes me physically ill, sort of like motion sickness."

Tagged:

Comments

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should tell them to see a doctor.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

"One of the biggest contributors to video game motion sickness has to do with games that have two types of movement going on at once."

--from https://www.lifewire.com/video-games-and-motion-sickness-3562484

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

They should just go ahead and make Ingress 3.

Come up with new ways for someone to visit a remote portal other than for 'fielding' and 'linking'

Like, should be able to request a mission to NIA for you to visit a portal that hasn't been hacked in last 6 months, or something.

But, ya, PRIME is awful, tried it for a day and concluded whoever developed this app doesn't play.

• Ech0TomEch0Tom ✭✭✭

Person probably needs glasses, i had the same issue with oled screens, replaced my phone thinking the screen was faulty or something but nope, went to an opticians, had an eye test, left with glasses and now i have no issue.

• There are a lot of people who have this issue - including myself. I see doctors regularly and I don't get motion sickness on boats. It's mainly the "shimmery" edges of portal names and views. I've even looked to see if I could turn off the portal previews, but the only way to do that is to go redacted.