RECRUITER MEDAL

2»

Comments

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

I'm in the camp that want to see it come back, but in a different form. There are many ways to do it, I have no idea which is best. I've not had an issue with getting people to enter their email, but can see the reasons why you could. I've had most issues with referrals that haven't given the points towards my badge. I'd love to get past bronze...

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

I have successfully gotten 3 or 4 people playing, but in no way did I try to get a badge for them. It was more to have someone join the game I enjoyed. There should be a reward for recruiting a player, but it should be like a Load Out card bonus or Level Up bonus. It should not be a badge.

If I tried, I could create 100 fake accounts and get then leveled up to 3 pretty quickly. Just takes fully deploying 10 portals or redeeming lots of codes. It's an easy badge if you cheat. I suspect if you were to look at people who have Onyx Recruiter, that all the accounts they recruited stopped at level 3.

I mock the badge because I think it's a dumb badge.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, there's ways to cheat to get all the medals. Why single out just one of them?

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Bring it back once there is a much more useable and thought out implementation such as tokens or qr codes.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm one of those who put lots of effort in recruiting, and I must say I've defined it as the hardest badge to aquire for me!

Either I'm real bad convincing people to bite them and turning them into inmortal creatures of the night or people is just hard to convince. Perhaps both things are possible.

I remember a time when I got my hands on a set of passcodes that rewarded enough AP to raise a L1 player to L3. But people still would just say no like if I was just a drug dealer xD

• I have recruited via email 13 people so far (who all have reached level 3 or highter) and only 5 have come through correctly... and I haven't recruited in over a year now because of it.

• OphthalmosOphthalmos ✭✭✭

what a pity

• czibancziban ✭✭

I have already reported problems with this medal in October 2018. Since then they are still writing back - we are working on it (LoL). For several months, emails with invitations do not reach the recruited people at all, so my adventure ends with 77 recruits? More than 10 recruits did not pass me a medal in this period. I mainly recruit Pokomon Go players on facebook in a specially created group and people who joined there recently are not satisfied with the pause.

If it were not for these problems, I would have already had Onyx!

• The recruiter medal was one of those Bad Ideas[TM] up there with the Guardian. It's clear to see the Intention, but it's naive implementation and late introduction made it a botmaster medal first and foremost. Maybe the story would've been different if it had been there from the beginning, but most veterans had already recruited their friends, family and colleagues when it was introduced and as usual there were no retroactive credits. And of course, the first onyx recruiters popped up within 24 hours of it's introduction

• chookchook ✭✭

Guardian was not a bad idea. It gave the game some life and emotion. Even if some of it was negative emotion.... getting that badge was one of the best feelings in ingress. I lost a fair share of my Guardian attempts along the way but i still liked that it was a goal. The adventure to be had finding a suitable candidate was always fun and really got you out and about.

Now everywhere you go you that isn't a city is just grey portals. Great way to dull down the game.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

recruiter badge is the second iteration of the idea. the first was eve.

i really had to work to find three more people to recruit for the eve badge, by that time i had already gotten everyone i knew on board.

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'd be a fan of using something like the Google Nearby API that works across platforms.

https://developers.google.com/nearby/

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Sucks that they killed notifications from the API back in December.

• fix th email server it just needs a reboot

• I even worked on positioning it as a team building event at work. Something we could do together at lunch time, get some exercise, meet people. It was fun to get a shiny badge for it. I'm passionate about this game and part of the joy for me is sharing it with others. Recruitment links made it easy in some ways although emails are a lot harder when you are dealing with the strangers who stop at the park and want to know what that cool game on your phone is. :)

• BunnyPrimeBunnyPrime ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

It would be great if the lock icon could be removed for those who haven't unlocked the badge, and the badge left for others who have earned it, if it is not possible to unlock in any foreseeable timeframe. It is frustrating to put in the effort to recruit and train someone, only for it not to count. The lock should not be sitting there mocking agents.

• @Ethern Did you send the invite to a gmail account? It only works with gmail. My BFF sent me an invite to my yahoo email, and I hit level 3 that same night after using her link to install Ingres, but she never got credit. That was a year and a half ago.

• EthernEthern ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure that the invite email was well received by the invitee's gmail before she registered.

• hi is this still on hold / no recruiter link available to send to friends?

• I have 8 honestly recruited people, who play till now. Continued inviting more, but the badge was paused. So it makes me feel so bad, like I was so close to the Silver one. I think this should be fixed, otherwise it makes me feel tricked, like all my efforts were for a lie :(

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

No, the badge should be retired and replaced with a friends system.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't see why recruitement requires a badge. Or an in-app function. If you want to recruit somebody, tell them to download it from the appstore. Even better, show them or share the app link.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us actually recruited back in the day when it was invite only or even after it went public. Nothing was given for this. Even those with the Eve badge for recruiting three agents up to L3 didn't get credit. For some agents it just feels like too little, too late. So #foreverlocked

Would be really nice if maybe since it's on the "back burner" for @NianticScot to have the dev team simply disable the ability to invite from the app or clean up the information when doing so to let agents who don't read the forums know before they invest time & effort on something that is not currently working.

• I'm sad that this is a thing. I have silver recruiter and was hoping to get gold.

• Estaria bien que volviesen a poner la medalla recruiter ahora que hay mas tiempo para arreglar fallos, graficos... y no se puede jugar y no hay eventos en todo el mundo a causa del virus.

Tambien se podrian implementar nuevas medallas estandar para ampliar el juego indicidual.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

The medal has been discontinued as there is no option (or need) to invite new players via the app.

• En la web de ingress me dicen que si tienen pensado volverla a activar.

Hello Agent,

Thank you for letting us know that the Recruiter Medal is important to you.

At this moment, Ingress Prime does not have the option of recruiting new players. Nevertheless, our team is currently working to enable this feature on Prime.

While we are here, watch out for more updates related to this on our official social spaces. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.