I used Prime for a day... Here's what happened

So, with Redacted down, I fired up Prime for the first time in months. For the most part, I was pleasantly surprised. However, I did have a few issues.

PROs:

• Adding resos and linking is much faster
  • Inventory management is better
  • The recent UI overhaul is an improvement

CONs:

• Start up time and battery drain
  • It's a RAM hog
  • My trousers exploded
  • My face melted
  • My right leg turned into a crocodile and ate my left leg
  • All my clothes went out of fashion
  • Everybody in a 2km radius got a nasty rash
  • The seventh seal of hell was broken asunder and Satan's demonic minions poured across the land, bringing eternal darkness and dispair.
  • #johnnyalphaisafattosser started trending on twitter

I think Prime is on the right path and I look forward to future updates addressing these concerns.

Comments

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I used Prime for a day. The sky is still exactly where it's supposed to be.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

I used Prime all day too, deploying is way faster than it was, linking is superfast, but...

My batery was melting, even on powerbank it went down. Couple of times when I made a link, screen jumped to place of portal or some 100 meters from where I stood. I had to try fire xmp or turn off and on the game to go back to where I was. And it didn't look like I drifted, rather like it freezed on place where link supposed to go. And glyphing... I see it's still problem. When I draw, it follows my finger too slow, like I had slow motion.

I see it improves, but I missed my "navigate" option a lot. Still, I'm gonna try every couple of days just to familiarise myself with all changes.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

it froze on me like 5 times during 1 hour gameplay.. so sad :/ its not much better then earlier this year that i tryied prime.. and soon redacted dies i dont know how this will turn out...

• My (forced) experience with Prime after a few months:

* Definitely improved, but still a resource hog for RAM

* Phone got very hot; I don't think it's the battery (it was being powered by a powerbank all the time) but rather the CPU and graphics are too busy. I suspect they run the game at 60 or even higher fps (frames per second) for smooth display but it's too much; an option to tame down graphics would certainly help.

* Deploying resonators was faster, but often could not add mods; the option simply doesn't appear.

* Linking itself wasn't faster, but determining which portals were available was a lot quicker.

* Recycling keys is a drag... when you select a key you have the options "drop" and "manage", the latter of which only contains "drop" (again!) and "recycle". You have to confirm recycling. I have to tap one time more than in Redacted, plus the option to tap jumps all over the screen (bottom-left corner, bottom-right corner, top-center; lather, rinse, repeat).

* Still hard to see XM on the ground.

* Still can't **** the portal picture in the 'flame'.

* Not sure if it was the phone or the game, but GPS was very jerky.

* Did crash / slow down to a crawl a few times.

* Startup takes a long time.

All in all, a mixed bag. The main issue that I actually had to borrow a phone that was powerful enough to run Prime during the Myriad challenge 😕 Else I would have just done the daily Sojourner hack with Prime and be done with it.

• SyksyvaaraSyksyvaara ✭✭✭

I played missions and it was very hard to open portals you were supposed to hack if they were in range.