Parity: Redacted glyph input behaviour

In Redacted, when entering multiple glyphs during a glyph hack, they disappear about a second after you trace them. In Prime, when entering multiple glyphs, they just hang until you start tracing the next one. While this isn't the biggest issue, looking at the last glyph entered while trying to think of the next one throws me off. It helps to look at the blank glyph screen rather than the last glyph inputted.

Tagged:

Comments

• I'd read this the other day and didn't see the issue.

Then yesterday I had the sequence that begins with 'star'. It totally threw me trying to start the second glyph because 'star' completely swamps even where the nodes are on the screen. Especially the middle 5 nodes.

So, yes, please lets have the trails (the actual lines for where it's recognised the nodes you swiped through might be OK to stay) disappear a second after you lift your finger off the screen.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like the new behaviour because it gives a better chance to note when you made a mistake and can then redo the glyph,

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually by design and allows the player to hit the redo button if they notice that they did the glyph wrong. You couldn't do this on Redacted once the glyph disappears.

• How about the compromise I mooted above? Keep the detected blue-line trace of what it thinks you glyphed, but remove the sparkly trails almost immediately ? It's mostly those trails that are the problem.