Redacted VS Prime

2»

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just changed my phone to a better one and most of the problems I had with prime just went away. My new phone is strong enough to run prime at full potential and it looks better than redacted.

There is still some annoyance. I'm not sure if is just because I'm not used yet or is really that bad.

Can't manage capsules as fast as redacted, and map view still has a weird angle and is too much sensível.

But in the end there is more pros than cons.

I'm still using redacted to actually play outside, but indoors and during the ifs I'm using prime most of the time.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

I will definitely keep 'playing'. Two hacks per day, to keep the streak going.

But actually playing the game will have to wait until they make it playable. I can't see anything in daylight, and it's not much better in dark. Every time that I've tried it, I've ended up wasting all ammo because I'm nowhere near the target. And then failed to restock because I find the glyphing much harder in Prime. They're hard to see, and the displayed timer always makes me forget the sequence.

And I still haven't figured out how to use capsules in Prime. Though I have managed to throw away several full capsules while trying to figure it out.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

@Morganza Yes, we have been repeating them over and over and yet over again.

I still can't see how much mu that I've captured when I make fields in Prime. Well, the first 2 digits, but that really isn't all that helpful unless I'm micro fielding, and then I really don't care about the mu, just making the AP.

Floating fields? Wowzers! /end heavy sarcasm

Wish the fields get a bit darker when you layer them. Or some other visual thing to let you know that your layers are actually layering without looking at the intel map or Redacted.

I'm also one of the ones that gets headaches from Prime. Still do. Maybe they will start working on that in October when they notice active numbers drop like a rock?

• ... and the most irritating part of all the bug reports: Nothing from niantic. No 'this is handled under bug# 12345', no 'we can't recreate', the official known bug list ends with some 2.14 version but we are already at 2.27 ... Niantic, please give some care here.

• Perhaps you missed the part where I said exactly that.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a samsung galaxy s10+, when redacted was down for a day prim froze for me like 5 times during 1 hour play, does that sound normal on such powerful and expensive phone?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

but redacted is 1 month or so from retirement,, im not too confident prime issues will be solved by then :/

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

Redacted took them years to get it to it's current point. It still requires force syncs to update at random times. AFAIK, you can still make cross links with it. We're going to have the same growing pains with Prime for awhile, it's unavoidable.

• SuperAni95SuperAni95 ✭✭
    edited September 2019

Prime > Redacted

Redacted is better designed , better colour contrast , has better menu operating , simple and clean UI.

Prime is glychie , expensive on battery , crashing , awful colours , wierd menu, UI flooded with junk...

However on Prime "GPS locking" wont work ,"stacking" wont work , bots wont work either.

Fiar gameplay > all ,

So ja..

Prime > Redacted and its major step forward

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I disagree, old ingress app was stable for me like since 2015 or so and i have founder medal so i know what im talking about... it shouldnt have to take prime 5 years for it to be stable.. didnt they learn anything all years the old scanner?

• They still took 3-4 years for redacted to become stable if you say that it was good in 2015. It was out in 2012 wasn't it? Prime has only been out for a year, give or take

• Prime has gotten better in last release, but there are still a lot of things that don't work...

At the moment I am doing a lot of missions every week, and prime is totally broken in mission. It misses hacks (only solution to restart it), and only way to report error is this forum, so you can't really track what they fixing (and a lot of duplicated entries here) and their fixing time is much to long, especially if they want to remove Redacted soon.

There should be release every 2 weeks until all the glitches are ironed out, especially now...

As for REDACTED... I really like it, its simple, fast (too much animation is Prime is killing me and in some cases also crashes the app - if too much is happening) and it works... I know that Redacted is built on RoboVM, which was discontinued, but there are some (up to date) ports of RoboVM around there that could be used instead. They refuse to do it... I mean I would be willing to pay something just to keep Redacted for next year (until Prime gets so far that it can safely be used).

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering they released a new Prime build off schedule, last Monday, one wonders if they are going to do another release this week, or stick the their original cycle and just release on the 27th? They have quite a bit to attempt to fix, and hopefully they are busy doing some actual regression testing this time around, because a link issue on Friday, would really hurt the shard game...

• edited September 2019

The last release was on the 11th of September, and came out to ensure that Field Test had all the required updates. Wednesday is 2 weeks later.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

it would be strange not to make atleast one more update before the next anomalies starts next month, i mean mission day coming up and i hear all over that doing missions in prime is total broken, that must get fixed before not after or there will be lots of angry players at anomalies next month..

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

The last release was on the 9th of September, and I installed it on the 10th at midday UTC+1.

• Play Store says: Updated - September 11, 2019

Regardless, that's nearly two weeks ago, not last week.

• I think not giving agents a choice as to which scanner they use is a bad idea. When I first saw an ingress screenshot, I knew I had to play this game, when I saw the first screenshot of prime, I wondered how the game world even work.

As such I really don't enjoy the prime interface, it's like being a mouse and keyboard gamer and then being told you have to use a joystick. Touch screen based apps their control is their UI, change UI and change controller.

Prime is like the remake of a classic movie, sure the special effects are more Wizz bang but the acting and the nostalgia is just not there. It might have the same story line but it's not the same movie.

I could tell of technical issues that impact my game play on prime that got me to the point of not wanting to open the scanner where as I was excited to open the original. I have a fairly modern phone and don't experience the issues that others might but still the slowness of prime has impacted my glyphing speed and accuracy purely because of the extra glitz in the interface. I don't enjoy that.

But even if I did decide to bite the bullet and move ahead with prime (yes I haven't been playing since redacted shut down) I've been watching Intel and many of the agents in my area have stopped. Before it would be easy to gather up players to make a farm but now over half are gone and I'd be hard pressed to find a level 6 portal. So this move even impacts agents that have decided to keep on with prime.

Prime is slower and offers a lagged experience to veteran players even on good hardware. Mostly offers special effects that are debatable if they are better, I still look back at screenshots of redacted and think that's what I want to play. And appears to have pissed off a large number of experienced players.

The only way I get my ingress fix now is to look at screen shots. Prime doesn't offer the same experience.

Please consider bringing back the older UI. #saveredacted