Scanner [REDACTED] offline for 24hrs!

SouLPrison3rSouLPrison3r ✭✭✭

I just wanna say i don't mind this, but looks like NIA is trying to get all players into testing out the new update 😄 since redacted is closing in for it's final and forever shutdown.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime still doesn't have portal editing yet. Until that happens, it is too soon the pull the plug on Redacted.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Last time I can recall Ingress being "offline" was when the bugs were so bad that only XM was showing up on the scanner.

• YURI5KYURI5K ✭✭

well, some people with googlemail.com mail cannot even log into prime. I dont like when company is making fool of me, so I will simply ignore it for 24 hours.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
  • EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting for it to go down, then no one can figure out how to get it working again, then the statement of "Just use Prime" appears....and suddenly active users drops like a rock...

• SouLPrison3rSouLPrison3r ✭✭✭

This is the reason why they're doing this. To lets players(of redacted) know that prime has gotten better and it's almost ready to be out of beta i guess.....?

• drh4kordrh4kor ✭✭

Force the sojourner counter on Prime.... meh zero days hacking is like a mini recursion all over again...yay!

• GnurbGnurb ✭✭

This seems just as an attempt to force players to use Prime. Especially so when the "You must update to continue" message leads directly to a download of Prime. NIA just reached a new low level.

• GnurbGnurb ✭✭

@XK150 Well, this comment is a new low. Embarrassing to say the least.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭
  • This maintenance is fishy🤔

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

My Sojourner is still ticking, so Redacted being off, hasn't affected Prime.

Carry on

• lemmongrabblemmongrabb ✭✭

Yeah I tried prime again today. It still sucks. It's not an "update" thing it's a "start over" thing. My ingress career dies with redacted.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I've played for close to a year without any kind of portal submit options because that was killed off shortly before I started.

I'm pretty sure we'd survive missing that reasonbly minor feature for a little bit. It's seems to be mostly used for griefing around PITA portals anyway.

• SouLPrison3rSouLPrison3r ✭✭✭

True, but other than location edit everything else is quite useful. better portal pic and correct title ...

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kevinsky86

I disagree, submitting portals is an integral part of the game. I plan out road trips based on what I can submit, which leads to finding portal treasure everywhere and having a great adventure exploring places I would never otherwise go.

Editing portals is just as important. People in the past have been so slack with not putting in descriptions, it can be just as much fun reading about the history and making edits to share that information with the world by adding portal descriptions.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oscarc1 It's not an "integral part of the game" if an individual user can play the game without ever doing it. Words have meaning, and you should use those meanings.

• OgOthePogoOgOthePogo ✭
    edited July 2019

Bring back Redacted or change Prime to Megatron ! ! !

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@ViolaRose Prime is in Unity

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

@XK150 You wouldn't be able to play the game without portals. Therefore it is integral.

Just because it's not important for one person doesn't mean it's not important to other people. Ingress promotes exploration, what better way to explore than to find new places and submit a momento of those adventures.