Idea I had for new type of Anomaly Scoring:

This idea came to me weeks ago when I was playing and a shield ghosted on the map over a field. I kind of sat on it because I wasn't sure who to share it to. Posting an idea publicly usually means it will never happen, but I give consent to the powers that be like it:

Hear me out:. What if there was a secret Glyph hidden somewhere in the Anomaly Playbox and the only way to reveal it in the scanner is to field over it (only using portals in the play area). Whichever team discovers it first would score points. Points could additionally be awarded for maintaining a field over the secret Glyph. Thirdly more points can also be awarded for entering the secret Glyph in the open glyph channel and completing a 100% sequence.

I know most people will hate this because most players hate new ideas, especially ones that mess with anomaly scores.

I also came up with this idea: Shard Mods that can only be hacked during an anomaly. They are placed into Mod spots in portals but do nothing to enhance the defence. At the scoring snapshot, instead of counting portals owned, you count active Shard Mods for scoring points. A portal can have 1-4 but theore potential points a portal is worth the less defensible it is because Aegis and other mods can't be placed. How do you risk it? This would make resource management even more important during anomaly. Any unused Shard Mods would self destruct 24 hours after hacking. That way players could use them as stat boosting garbage mods after the anomaly and they couldn't be collected and transported to a future site.

Tagged: