Suggestions on how to make Prime better

I started to play a couple of months ago. Here is my feedback.

1. In my country the sun shines bright every day. To see anything I have to turn up the brightness a lot and that sucks a lot of battery. Please make the game in another colour, black is not good.

2. After each hack it takes forever to wait for the animations of what I get. It is annoying. Can't you just show the summary directly?

3. I want to report dangerous portals that are guarded by military and you might be arrested if you enter. Could you please add that to Ingress prime.

4. Glyph hacking gets stuck waiting for the patterns to come. Sometimes they come directly and sometimes it takes a minute. I played with a friend who has Redacted. He glyph hacked much faster than I was able to do.

5. Something is bugged with the map. When you have done for example adding resonators, the marker of yourself on the map disappears. I have to restart the game.

Thanks for a fun game.

Comments

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

These are very interesting requests, however there is a specific discussion for these suggestions.

Personally I would prefer Prime version to be faster as playability.

I think Redacted is still more intuitive and fast, for example with the hack feature with long tap on the portal or the possibility to **** with the long tap on the map.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

5.That bug drives me up the wall, but you don't have to restart the game - just bring up the attack menu and then cancel it.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

2 the animations of what you get are an important part of the game.

It is not the reason why you cannot hack other portals.

That problem lies with the fact that you must click on the item list for it to go away, to enable hacking another portal.

However, nif you are fast enough to hack every portal, this extra step is only partly annoying.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst the "tap + hold > swipe up" to fire XMP is already there by holding the Menu circle and swiping up to fire XMP, I agree with the gestures. I've made a post with a way to implement it without sacrificing the single finger rotation: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/2404/rotation-lock-so-we-can-have-the-hack-gestures

I also dislike the amount of time it takes to launch Prime. They've made progress, but it is still twice as long for startup, and also way longer to load everything around you if it resumes from background and remote portal view.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

There is not and has never been a requirement that portals be accessible to all players at all times. For players who are in the military those portals might be an important part of their daily play; for other players arranging to be on the monthly public tour of the base (for example) might be a significant bit of strategy. (There is a famous military portal in the US that is open to the public one day a year.)

However, if property owners are concerned about the temptation for trespassing they can request that POI be removed from the Niantic database.

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭

These are very interesting requests, however there is a specific discussion for these suggestions.

Personally I would prefer Prime version to be faster as playability.

I think Redacted one for some things is still decidedly more intuitive and fast, for example with the hack feature with long tap on the portal or the possibility to **** with the long tap on the map.

• GeorgOhmGeorgOhm ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

@Jo0Lz It wold be amazing!

I would love that shorcut.

• I'm struggling with a lot of the same problems.

One SOLUTION I have found for screen VISIBILITY, especially in bright SUN, and extreme BATTERY consumption is switching to negative colors in accessibility vision settings.

In NEGATIVE COLORS I can dim the screen quite a bit more and still see better. With the dimmer setting, the battery lasts a lot longer and the phone doesn't overheat from Prime as quickly.

NIANTIC. Please consider an in-game setting option to switch the game to negative colors. Switching the phone is tedious as I have no other apps or operations that I want to use with this feature. As I often multitask with the intel map, PoGo, and now WU, having the choice to only have Prime in Negative colors would be very beneficial.