Input lag 🙁

It is hard to type messages here because it takes about a second for letters, punctuation and spaces to appear on screen. This is kind of annoying!

Comments

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky you. Sometimes I have to wait a whole minute. Ironically I didn't have to wait at all for that last sentence.

• mweepmweep ✭✭

It generally doesn't act up too much for me, though the actual act of posting can be finicky

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me guess, on mobile? The webpage saves drafts and the theme converts the input to some font. I guess these things kind of make it sluggish on mobile. I myself never had any issues on desktop with the site.

• Input also very sluggish on Safari (Mac OS, Macbook Pro and iMac). No lag with Chrome, and I haven't tested it with Firefox yet.

• KadahKadah ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Its these aweful WYSIWYG js controls used by the forum product. Its unusable on mobile. The input lag is sometimes noticeable on my workstation. It seems likely better if you block all of Vanilla's analytics garbage.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if they've fixed something but it does seem much better now.

• KadahKadah ✭✭✭

What I love about the forum is the random the Chrome tabs crashes with "not enough memory". This comp has 96GB, so its just that side effect of Chrome tending to put all tabs from one domain within the same process.