Please support filing proof-of-presence data in game to discourage unfair gameplay
I would like to request Ingress to support the collection and submission of additional data to help identify one's gameplay fairness, including but not limiting to:
- Photos/Video clips captured using the camera of the scanner device
- GPS tracks with much refined resolution
- Voice recordings during the player's gameplay activities
- Wi-Fi access-points(SSID/BSSID) and their signal strengths
- Bluetooth beacons and their signal strengths
- Data generated from the various sensors on the scanner device(acceleration, etc.)
- Other data that may correlate to the specific locations where the gameplay activities taking place.
This data should be send when the player has convenient network access, players failed to send such data in a reasonable duration should be limited/throttled.
When possible, such data should be reviewable by the player community(like in Wayfarer) to catch invalid/spoofed data after removing personal identifiable information(like personal hotspots that may contain the player's legal name). Other players can have the ability to request a certain player to submit such data to Niantic when such player is active in any activity in a certain geolocation in game, but the submission should only be reviewable after a certain period to avoid doxxing.