Cemetery Gravestone Portal Submission Help

I live in a small town, and as such I've been digging into town history.

Now with cemeteries I know gravestone portals are discouraged unless "unless the object belongs to famous/historical figure, is more than 50 years old, and is open to the public."

This is the portal I submitted: lh3.googleusercontent.com/uGK4-xSmYaBw48JbPdJGHAHEKXCj7G3rCyk7ulXooDGxBaJU--rtmZST_ierhrRW3baB6RtEJLvExM3lwU6XzxDtk

I named it: Lieutenant Deacon John Adams

Description: Lieutenant Deacon John Adams. A founding father of the town of Bloomfield, revolutionary war Lieutenant Deacon John Adams is buried here.

In the notes to the reviewers I noted how he's a town founder, citing links to my town's historical society page.

Unfortunately the portal was rejected. Are there any recommendations on how I can better word the portal nomination so it is accepted?

Tagged:

Comments

• I'd approve that. Resubmit it The only suggestion I have is maybe include a link to the town historic page for that founder in the submitter notes.

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

All I can tell you is try again. Sometimes OPR makes no sense at all. Churches are getting rejected or artwork similair to already existing portals nearby that get rejected too. We also have an airport nearby that now has a lot walking paths with historical information. When I first submitted it, it was all rejected. Other submitted it and it's live. It's all a coin toss.

• sophielabsophielab ✭✭✭

Cemeteries generally show only satellite view. It is highly likely to be getting rejected because of this. Since it is not an auto 5 star like a church, reviewers tend to not put any effort into using alternate methods of verifying location such as Google. There is a website called find a grave, I think. I know I used it something when I did genealogy. Google find a grave and see if it can verify location. If it can reference it in reviewer comments section but not description.

It is very difficult to get objects in cemeteries approved. You may find it more productive to look for other things.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

Personal opinion.

Idon't think any poi's should be in places of rest.

I follow the guidance, I will accept any that meet guidance, but I won't look for a reason to accept, the submitter needs to convince me to accept, or convince me to research.