Are portals supposed to reflect the real world?

caderouxcaderoux ✭✭✭

If a business closes or something is removed, does the portal have to remain as a symbol of what used to be there?

Because, if so, I'll stop submitting playing field maintenance portal removals with links to news articles about the closings, demolition, and relocations.

They all seem to get rejected anyway, and it's a lot of wasted effort if people aren't supposed to actually see any of the things that their scanner tells them are there.

Tagged:

Comments

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

If the object for the portal has gone, then I would say that it should be removed. However, if Street View still shows the demolished shop etc then it may be difficult for Niantic to confirm that it has gone.

Have you appealed the rejected removals here? That should make it easier to explain why something should be removed than is possible from the scanner

• caderouxcaderoux ✭✭✭

@JudyB Like I said, I already submitted the links to the news articles. Is that not sufficient for deletion reviewers?

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

If the object or POI no longer exists, a removal request should be made. You may, however, need to make an updated photosphere if the current street view imagery is out of date.