Dear Niantic, this game is dead.

ShottixShottix ✭✭✭

This is not the game we signed up for,

This is not the competitive team game we signed up for,

This is not attracting new players

This has made the ones who did play stop playing.

Make some changes to the red weed before it's to late. For the sake of the community clinging on, it won't continue in this form, if it does then we should all play twice a year for anomalies and go elsewhere in between. Last chance saloon.

-Shottix

Comments

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to point out that shottix is not of my multis.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Game is far from dead.

How we play the game is different.

Keeping in mind that adding a 3rd faction was a player request since Ingress first came out over 10 years ago.

The problem is there isn't many new players taking up the game, because, Niantic spent years not doing enough to market ALL their products.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly, social media doesnt cost one dollar to post and advertise your game yet they dont do it strange eh? i think they just want current players to stay and pay for core, not get in new blood to the game.

• LlamazapLlamazap ✭✭✭

If this really is their goal, they're f*ing up hard at the moment. Just like they did with all the other games, no exception.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

A level 8 Machina portal is actually pretty darn weak and I regularly take them out with L4 or L5 xmps.

Considering how easy it is to level up to level 5, this isn't a bigger problem than you make it out to be.

Capturing mind units have always been a sub-culture of the game, one that I personally enjoy, but it requires an effective opposition. Right now, that is Machina.

Until there is a tonne of new players, which will require Niantic Corp to market Ingress.

Unfortunately many of the people who I've personally talked to about Ingress, have been turned off because they cannot play it as a PvE game, hence Agent Ops is absolutely essential.

Like the other game, scanning will be a task, and the old scanning system is bad. As of app 2.123.1 this is way better and on par with the Wayfarer App in terms of fidelity of scanning.

Whether or not you have applied scanning to your game is irrelevant, as it is optional.

Agent Ops Task System has been delayed until Q4 2023, and from there it is all up to Masa, Brian and Thia to get Niantic Corp to market Ingress as a game for new players.

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭

Amen dude literally all of this. Not the game we wanted at all.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Another reason the game is dead, we just got doxxed today by an unstable player and Niantic doesn't care. They pointed out our home and work. Thanks for nothing Niantic.

• Cl4whammerCl4whammer ✭✭✭

Ingress was already dead. And i doubt that the people blaming machina bringing in competition want to have new players. They want to have their easy fields without distraction in "their" dead areas.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25

What did you do to bring the game back to life? maybe at least one faction is ready to gather players and make a boycott and stop playing? Or let's say someone decides to write a letter on behalf of the faction to reputable gaming magazines to tell about what is really going on inside our game?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

That's for the police. Niantic will do nothing unless they get law enforcement requests.

The law enforcement request is 2 birds with 1 stone.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

sadly that goes both for brian and thia if u want a reply because here no

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the next step, we're gathering information, dates, etc. We're gonna start recording all the incidents in person so we can provide it to the police. Luckily there's some laws to help build the case. Should help with getting an order of protection to. People are simply done with the bullying.

but it seems to be definitives for them to answer questions, continuing to argue about it on here seems to not help in situations

If anything, they are more accountable on their Twitter (I'm not calling it X) handles as they disclose being Niantic employees. Sure, it's not the forums but there's more eyes looking.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is whatever they reply over there on twitter/x most users will not see it because just a small % goes there vs check here which is their community but again they are not active here so i wonder sometimes why even have a community if the company never engages with their users here ? Ive yet to see a good answer on this.

• LlamazapLlamazap ✭✭✭

Niantic has a long history with unexplainable things that no one uses.

• MJ78MJ78 ✭✭✭
    edited August 27

The 'law enforcement' request in reports is BS.

Best of luck trying to obtain a police report for an incident in a game. In many countries it just isn't going to happen..

Police resources are stretched to the limits in many places and have more important stuff to deal with than disagreements between two players in a game, in particular verbal disagreements.

It is also NIA passing the buck somewhat.

They are happy to generate billions of $ through their various games, however are not prepared to spend the $ on properly safeguarding their games with a team that deals with incidents, cheating and spoofing.

I'd also add it would be good if they finally took the comments from BOTH parties in a dispute before coming to a decision.

Post edited by MJ78 on
  • gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, the community on here isn't always what the majority of players thinks, mainly example being machina, there's a decent amount if people on here rhat like and defend it, but at leady in my area its hated and actively stopped player playing

If you're being threatened in the game, the police would have more weight to helping versus Niantic.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If reclaiming Machina is so gosh darn easy, why do you only have 469 for your Reclaimer badge? You keep talking and running your mouth about how easy it is. Yet you barely have any. Not even halfway to silver. Lame.

• Someone's badge count doesn't really speak to how easy or difficult it is to destroy a level 8 machina portal. Machina portals are low in health, have no shields, and have no one charging them. Relative to ENL/RES enemy portals machina portals are definitely easier to ****. They will pop in 4 level 8 bursters max and you can definitely **** them with level 4 or 5 bursters.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, that is with on average, out playing once a week.

In areas with limited numbers of wayspots.

My statement still stands.

Likely will have silver before the end of September.

• HahahoppHahahopp ✭✭✭

Gotta make machina links not block real human links or the game is dead. It really is that simple.