Portal Edit Pending Review - Alien Toon

Title of the Portal: Alien Toon

Category: Location & Photo Edit

Location & photo edit pending review since (both email confirmation received) 03/14/2019

Portal History: Before 2015 8 graffiti's portals were submitted around a site and all accepted by Niantic. Last year a new building was made at the same place and 7 portals have been deleted. Alien Toon is the last one that remains live. Please, update the photo and move it to the new location.

Current Location:

Intel map https:/ /intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=41.403457,2.19171&z=17&pll=41.403457,2.19171

Better Location

Intel map https:/ /intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=41.403860,2.192114&z=17&pll=41.403860,2.192114

Google maps https:/ /maps.app.goo.gl/6S6FVC9589pQZXEVA

City: Barcelona

Streetview from Intel map of the currwnt site:

https:/ /www.dropbox.com/s/bmnns8voomszoos/IMG_20190704_215019.jpg?dl=0

Photo submitted to update of the site with the new building:

https:/ /www.dropbox.com/s/vwlcb85iri8andk/alien%20toon.jpg?dl=0

Greetings and TYVM

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭

Screenshot of your rejection email?

• edited July 4

@TheFarix Screenshot of your rejection email?

Still waiting a answer since 03/14/2019 (4 months). My edits are in limbo again :/

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭

You cannot make an appeal if there is no rejection.

• @TheFarix You cannot make an appeal if there is no rejection.

How many days/weeks/months i need to wait to do something if more recent editions appear at OPR? 😔

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

It does not count as an excuse, they will not accept any edition if you do not have the rejection email.

So you are applying for nothing, it's the rules.

• @NianticKN can you confirm that the portal edition is not missed?

I just need to know that :)

https:/ /www.dropbox.com/s/y0wanrqo7ly8y5u/IMG20190705153746.jpg?dl=0

Thank you

• @ntzz

So you are saying it’s the rules? What about this request, which was processed and accepted despite being a PENDING portal location edit?

Location Edit Pending Review - Senderos

Different rules for different people. I call it discrimination.

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭
    edited July 9

@StefanoMatra I'm not talking about others Appeals, but yes, if Niantic decide to accept appeals without email review, also this can be accepted.

Thanks for the info, i don't discriminate anyone, i was wrong, that's all.

Btw, this appeal isn't like the other ones, this one is for edit location and also attach a new photo of a building to a non exist grafity, only to prevent that this portal got removed because is in his faction territory. I don't think is reliable this change, but niantic decides.

• @StefanoMatra i dont have privileges ^^u i promise you. And I can understand your situation, to wait months for a edition is frustrating.

@ntzz you are right, its a portal upgrade to prevent another deletion, but the graffiti existed until a year ago (the portal was accepted by niantic). Right now there are two new buildings, in the current location and in the real location, i can send a photo of both and NIA can decide wich one is the best, or submit a new portal, but we dont want a new one, just the old one ;)

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

IMMO , The thing is, if the grafity don't exist, it should be removed, and if you want to apply for a new portal that meets the portal criteria, do it.

• @ntzz that part is about Senderos, not Alien Toon.

If the graffity don't exist, it should be removed

Then NIA should delete the 99,99% of the graffity portals ¿Right? ;)

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

When i wrote that? I only say that if grafity doesn't exist, should be removed. Are 99,99% of the graffity portal deleted and i haven't notice?

• @ntzz Are 99,99% of the graffity portal deleted and i haven't notice?

They should be deleted because it is normal to be replaced by new ones often, new design, new "tittle", new artist (or same artist).You could edit the photo and tittle to show the new graffity but i believe that delete it is quicker than upgrade it through OPR, and the submission of the new portal could be rejected always.

In this case, Alien Toon, we dont have a new graffity, we have a new building with a "unique" design, perfect for the [email protected] district of Barcelona. Keeping the portal we have the past and the present of that place.

If you dont like this point of view i can go to your city to help you deleting all the unvalid portals ;)

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

This is not the properly way to do.

Because a new portal should meet portal criterias, maybe your "unique" design building isn't enought as you think.

Sorry if you don't understand my point of view, but i think is the normal way, not because do it faster, is better...

Just think about this.

And if you would like to come wherever you want and delete all the unvalid portals, i won't stop you. Keep ingress updated :)

• Acabo antes asi xD

A ver @ntzz , que estoy yendo por el camino largo xD Es mas facil llenar OPR con solicitudes del edificio esperando que alguna pase el filtro de los pokemoneros que editar el portal, pero lo que me interesa es el portal en si, lo que significa y la historia que hay detras de el, que si quieres un dia te la cuento xD

Y para acabar dire que tanto en tu zona como en la mia hay portales malos, de antes y de ahora, y que ya han borrado unos cuantos en mi zona (uno pedido por mi) que ni he apelado ni nada porque el borrado era de justicia, pero este, Alien toon, es especial, al menos para mi.

Y nada, que a ver que decide Niantic del asunto.

Saludos

----------

Sorry for writing in Spanish but the head right now does not give me more xD

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

@InDaHausSBU I understand what you mean, but IMMO, this is not correct.

The history by your own of a portal doesn't matter in the game.

Because otherwise, imagine that an agent marries in a church, and that church is demolished and a building is created in its place, the agent will want to keep that portal in his memory, but it does not exist, so according to niantic it must be eliminated.

Although the process of requesting portals is expensive and passes through the hands of more or less valid agents (according to opinions), this is how it should be done.

Finally, we have to agree with the decision, regardless of what he decides (either at our convenience or not).

Thanks for the conversation.

• What really bothers me is that Niantic (a billion dollar company) expects us to do their job for free, but then they don’t even bother to help players who are reporting dangerous portals or edits that are pending for several months or even years. That’s unacceptable. There are so few appeals on this community that they could just process all of them regardless.

• Portal deleted 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣