How many USA reviews run out of portals to review?

I’m wondering if any reviewers here in the USA run out of portals to review and get this message:

"There are no portals available to analyze at this time."

I want to focus on reviewers that don’t have any home or bonus locations set outside the USA. 

Another recent post about a reviewer running out of portals to review got me wondering this: if people in the USA are running out of portals to review, how can I have 3 portals submissions that are almost 1 year waiting in the system (one is a history sign, another is a park pavilion).  If there are a lot of people that run out of portals to review, shouldn’t mine have moved through the system by now?  The bulk of the reviews I do are in other states so my assumption is that other people around the country should be seeing my submissions. 

I’d like to know how many people in the USA get this message and how frequently you get it. 

Please share...for science. :)

Comments

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

My home location is in Las Vegas, NV and my bonus is set on Anvers Island, Antarctica. If I go a day without reviews I get about four to eight portal nominations to review the next day. Usually I check OPR during my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I get maybe one to two reviews at each meal time then I get, "There are no portals available to analyze at this time". From Las Vegas as a home point, I get portals from South-East Cali, South Utah, North-West AZ during my reviews.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

@Engrish where do you live and play? I hope not in Las Vegas, because then you're wasting your "home" location.

Basically, you are given portals to review wherever you happen to be playing. If you go on vacation somewhere and start playing there, you'll get reviews from there. Your "home" location is supposed to be somewhere else that you know well. So I, for example, live in England but have my home location set to NY (where I grew up). I get portals to review from both places.

Sorry this is off-topic for the original question, but it's a common misconception and people may get fewer reviews than they'd like if they don't set a home location separately from where they generally play.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

@Pangarban No, I am currently in Antarctica. I have my home location set for Las Vegas, NV so that I could keep reviewing portals, and also get points for upgrades, which aren't being used for unknown reasons, and where I am at currently is the area my bonus is set to, but I only had set it to help other agents then managed to get down here myself.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Home area is Dallas-Fort Worth / Waco Texas AM-Golf-07 and bonus location is Stillwater Oklahoma. I run out of items to review every few days for a few mins and then it sends me more if I spam the retry. Although I have reviewed almost 25K in 7 months and got onyx in 5 months after starting OPR.

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

@kholman1 Question you do know that Home location is different from where it gives you natural candidates to review too, right? I had the same issue since I'm from Houston at one point. Before I decided my bonus and home locations I had ran out of candidates to review quite often but I have them set up now. I naturally get candidates from Houston since I live here, home location is Detroit, Michigan since I was born there and bonus location is Indore, India. My bonus location is very negligible in the number of reviews nowadays even though pogo players can submit too but it might be because I reviewed a lot of their candidates in one big batch when I had chosen it as the bonus location. I never run out of candidates to review since I set another major city for candidates to review.

I highly recommend choosing another dense home location besides the one you live in since that doubles down as your s2 cell you review in and the home location. If you already choose it, I don't know if you can fix it.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

I don't. Even if the requests are throughout the US and I am in one of the highest hpd a(hgh portal dense) areas in the US.

• kholman1kholman1 ✭✭✭✭

@msz21 I live in my home area so yes I found that out when I was in Chicago and was getting nothing but illinois and surrounding submissions.

• AstargAstarg ✭✭

Months ago I would run out often, but I haven't run out recently, and I do a fair amount of opr each day.

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

I live in the midwest - and haven't run out of portals in months. Not only do I get submissions from my State, I get them from all over North America, and Guam

• MicksterMickster ✭✭✭

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

It has been a long time since I have gotten that message that there are no more portals to review. I am currently in Boise Idaho have my bonus location set to Denver Colorado and my secondary location to Eastern Idaho.

There are definitely some very active submitters in Colorado. the bulk of what I see comes from there

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't run out, but I only get one or two local reviews, then rest are far from my home and bonus locations. One local review, then 30 of them far away, then one local, then 30 more far away, then one local edit, then 30 far away subs. It's depressing knowing how many local subs are pending review, and I keep getting **** from places that are massive clusters of portals that already exist. And not to mention, most of the subs I'm seeing lately are new Prime subs...so much for others who submitted that portal 5 years ago, or even a year ago.

meh