What incentive would make you more likely to recurse?

canon07canon07 ✭✭✭

If, and it’s a huge if, Niantic were to begin giving agents who recurse an actual incentive to do so, what incentive would get you to recuse and on the flip side what incentives do you feel would be a step too far and tilt the playing field too much? Things like being able to deploy an extra lvl8 reso, keeping your XM bar, being able to deploy an extra mod, maybe you could get a bonus to the amount of time an apex lasts, longer linking distance? I think it would be cool if you had a choice of maybe a half dozen options and you could maybe add on when you recurse multiple times? Or maybe you can only get one bonus but each time you recurse you’d get the option to choose again?

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of the "hardcore" agents are already L16/recursed and might like these options, but actually getting to L16 still takes a new player a long time. Any benefits to Recursion should either be cosmetic/visual only or only amount to a small gameplay change. The things you mentioned in your text, at least for me, feel to powerful to lock behind something normal players might take literal years to reach.

One idea for Recursion I saw was locking reordering badges behind it. It's a feature that would be purely visual, but it is still wanted by a lot of people. Something like a new map avatar would also be a nice treat.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

selective key duping so i dont need to carry 2500 keys on me filling my inventory so i cant play.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I need to see a lot of new players take up Ingress

And

I really need the Ingress devs to have more small scale events.

Such as the mini events we use to have like making 1,000 links in 2 weeks (more like 2 weekends)

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

None, because grynding AP is dreadfully dull for me.

I recursed once, on the exact minute of my fifth anniversary of starting Ingress. I will recurse again this year on my tenth anniversary, at the precise minute, and this time at the very first portal I ever hacked. I guess I'll continue the every-five-year trend for as long as the game is around.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

A skill tree maybe ?

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

I would only add maybe a vr bb in the field kit of reaching lvl 16 (again). The lvl up field kits on each lvl up again are already a nice incentive. I dont mind that ur xm bar gets smaller again and some of ur items got locked again. When ur lvl 16 u know already how to play so u can lvl up faster again if u want. (And those again a larger xm bar + unlocking items again) . A new free avatar also is a good idea though i wouldnt change mine.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

There's already people who have recursed double digits, definitely a limit on keylockers