Feedback on 2 AMA answers

tehstonetehstone ✭✭
edited July 2 in Wayfarer

A couple of things jumped out at me while reading through the last AMA.

First were the responses about Edit reviews. It's clear that they're having a difficult time getting a handle on location edit requests and I suspect this is part of the reason that edits as a whole are so slow to complete review.

My proposal is to separate location edit reviews from title/description edit reviews. In many cases it's pretty clear that someone is just trying to correct a typo but including the location edit complicates things.

The other thing that I found interesting was the response about candidate photos being added to existing portals when the candidate is marked as a duplicate. Krug's response was "I am told that, the photo from a duplicate candidate is added to the existing Portal to give credit to the other player(s) who have submitted the same candidate."

Perhaps the response email should indicate that this has happened? Perhaps the agent should receive 500AP as if they had submitted an additional photo?

Additionally Krug said "At this time, there are no plans of changing this but we would love to hear any concerns you may have with this feature."

The biggest concern is that some candidates marked as duplicate are not actually duplicates and there is no mechanism for removing photos from portals once they are added. In some cases the added photos are of something entirely different than the existing portal.

I have 2 examples locally. In the first, the extra photo appears to be in the general vicinity but is definitely not the same thing

imgur.com/a/EodMHqH

In the second example, I have no idea where the extra photo was taken. It's almost certainly nowhere near the object.

imgur.com/a/F1HjHWT

Tagged:

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭

I've had incorrect pictures added to different portals after being marked as dupes as well. It's annoying.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I wish I knew what the answer was for the location edits. They don't get processed because of people attempting to game the system to get more for whatever game they play. I have seen up to six different location edits for one portal and you have to chose one of the six. I just go ahead and choose the closest one to what I see as the POI. Then those that are trying to game the system choose theirs and everything slows down. I like the idea of location edits being its own category so they don't get stalled out due to those gaming the system.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

When something is incorrectly marked a duplicate, and the image attached to an existing portal, you can open an appeal on the forum to have the image removed (I have done it several times on g+).

As such, giving AP for that wouldn't make sense, because then they would also have to cater for removing the AP, and potentially removing an agreement from the players that marked it a duplicate.

• I believe there should be an OPR for submissions and one for edits. If you enter the edits OPR you only get portal edits to review and you can even earn upgrades.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The more likely reason is that a player saw that the location was wrong and submitted a location edit, waited a month or two, saw that the edit "wasn't going through" while their POI nominations were, and resubmitted the edit under the assumption that the previous edit got lost in limbo.

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Fair point. I did a location edit last October where the portal for a local skating rink is actually 80 meters north right on top of some storage units for rent. I did a location edit but hadn't heard back on that yet. I'm not submitting another edit on it.