Please make Machina portals decay to neutral

There are some portals in my area that only military employees, only truckers and port authority employees, or only Boeing employees have access to. I’m sure that restricted portals exist in other communities as well. Because most active players cannot get to these portals, we are seeing Machina get them up to L8 and create links between inaccessible portals. This would be okay if the L8 portals eventually decayed, but now that they don’t, it’s more than annoying. It’s just no fun to have permanent blockers and new links popping up everyday with no way to stop them at the source.

Comments

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

yes make them decay to neutral but depending on portal level and number of link.

so a unlinked portal wouldn't decay.

2 links very slowly

24 links normal decay

etc

for example

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you gone crazy there? A cluster of 10 portals appears in a week! And there are clusters in which no more than three portals appear in a week. If the clusters are discharged in the same way as ordinary portals, we will have more than 3-4 portals in the cluster for the whole city.

• Even if machina becomes Conway's game of Life, with gliders, oscillators, ripples and other fun stuff, decay will not help players to clean and protect fielding areas.

Long links with ends in bad locations, crossing blockers, that's the problem. With "decay", 20 bad links is not much better than 50.

"No decay" is still fine, it gives players more AP for destroying easy clusters.

• DrHydrosaurDrHydrosaur ✭✭✭✭

I've gone back and forth on the question of which is worse, no decay or cross links. I’m leaning more and more to cross links (although I still think the combination is a potential abomination unmatched by what either can do individually).

There should at least be some way for agents to control Machina other than attack because these inaccessible portals are real and there is no apparent simple way for Niantic to filter them out from becoming a Machina hub.

This would force agents to plan out and strategize how best to control, or (if they want) encourage, Machina growth. What’s so bad about that?

I’m still hopeful that things will change for the better after the anomaly. Please Niantic, please, restore my faith in you.

please

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

That's already happening.

The deal is red/ not yours links you **** the not yours first. Someone wants the link bad they clear it only making easy for you to bork their links.