[Texture collision] Machina portals and portal filter layer.

ueharayouueharayou ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Report a Bug

Description: Red rings, part of texture of low-level machina portals (when zoomed out) overlaps with rings from the portal filter, especially with “Captured” filter (also red rings). => Visual difficulty on identifying whether a machina portal has ever been captured before.

Environment: ingress 2.110.2; iOS 15.7

Potential fix: Adjust machina portal texture, and reassign the “Captured” filter to a different color.

Scenarios: [Sorry but I can’t upload any screenshot because of insufficient forum level]

1’ machina portal texture on zoomed-in playfield / portal page with “captured” filter (too little difference with/without “captured” ring, especially on lv6-lv8 portals)

2’ machina portal texture on zoomed-out playfield with “captured” filter (overlapping red rings, especially on lv1 portals)

3’ machina portal texture on zoomed-in playfield without “captured” filter (hard to distinguish with 1’)

4’ machina portal texture on zoomed-out playfield without “captured” filter (hard to distinguish with 2’)

5’ machina portal texture on zoomed-out playfield with “visited” filter (purple “Visited” ring mixed with red from machina portal texture)

Post edited by ueharayou on
Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• ueharayouueharayou ✭✭
    edited March 2023

The forum doesn’t allow me to add tag #texture and #ui on this post.

• It seems like I can post screenshots now.

screenshots: [For each screenshot, it matches up with the scenarios mentioned above by index.]

1’ (Red rings are from filter only, but likely blend in with Machina portals texture.)

2’ (Red rings from portal texture and filter are mixed up.)

3’

4’ (Pay attention that the red rings are from portal texture itself, not from the filter.)

5’ (Ring overlaps have their colors mixed)