[BUG/Server Error] Capsule Error when emptying / missing Quantum Capsule & Gear

EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in Report a Bug

About 2:30 PM (CDT) on Jan 9th, 2023 I attempted to empty a quantum capsule of keys, so I could recharge them. I could see the keys initially, when trying to recharge them, I got the "Missing Portal Key" error. Happened multiple times. Despite being able to see the keys in my inventory and my capsule being empty.

Steps to attempt to fix.

1) I restarted the client, thinking, OK, so there is some server lag maybe? Currently can't empty any capsules (gives me an error that I didn't do a screen capture on).

2) Restarted the client again.

Quantum capsule is there, and all but 7 keys are in it, those 7 keys are in my inventory. I can recharge them.

3) Cleared cache, restarted client

Quantum capsule is now gone, and there are 28 keys in my inventory

4) Cleared cache, restarted client

Quantum capsule is still gone, and there are 40 keys in my inventory.

5) Cleared cache, restarted client

6a) Disabled Mobile Data (strong 5G signal), connected to local Wi-Fi (high speed internet 400 Mbit) Cleared cache, restarted client

6b) Disabled Wi-Fi, enabled Mobile Data (strong 5G signal)

Restarted the client, Quantum capsule is still gone, and there are 40 keys in my inventory.

7) Cleared cache, restarted client

Quantum capsule is back and has 2 keys in it, and there are 40 keys in my inventory.

8) Cleared cache, restarted client

No change, same as above, Quantum capsule is present, 2 keys in it and 40 keys in my inventory.

9) Cleared data, signed back in.

No change. Quantum capsule is present with 2 keys in it, and 40 keys in my inventory.

Quantum capsule was hacked by me, has had the same name for years. Keys inside were all hacked by me.

10) About an hour later, I checked my client. And oddly I had 42 keys in the Quantum capsule and 44 keys in inventory. Everything managed to come back on it's own.

So, who was effing around with the server yesterday?

I attempted to submit a ticket to support initially, but that sent me back here. At the time I was frustrated with trying to figure out why stuff was missing, I just gave up and did something else for a few hours. But it did cause me to not play Ingress for the rest of the day.

I really don't expect an answer, because you (Niantic) don't have the time to read or answer all of these bugs. But I can say, getting more frequent times where the game is unplayable, or where it doesn't even work correctly, isn't helping to keep folks around.

Android: 13

Pixel 7

Verizon 5G (solid 5G signal), did disable and switch to Wi-Fi to verify it wasn't a mobile data issue)

Ingress Prime: 2.106.1

1 votes

Active · Last Updated