[Request] Add an Off-Topic Section

JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

In any forum system, there will invariably be nonsensical or spam discussions. Would it not make sense to have all unrelated or "potpourri" discussions cordoned off there?

Obviously there is actual spam like Jim trying to tell us about how he is earning $120K in his pajamas on his home computer.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ooor, just remove something if it reaches 10 spam reports or something. I checked the discussions and already more than half of them are spam. :-(

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

So, I think there should be some disambiguation between spam and unrelated/off-topic posts as well.

What I am suggesting is really just an Off Topic section. After all, I feel most of us are social people despite any local factional issues. So far, the thing I like here is that it does not identify immediately whether you are Res or Enl right off the bat (unless of course you know the poster).

• It's something we're thinking about, but for the time being let's keep it Ingress related. Thank you! Still early days here.

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

Yeah, for sure. This is just a long term suggestion.

I'd prefer to save the whole spam flag for the posts related to making $120K from my home computer as opposed to a subjective standard as to what is or isn't related.

• any post/thread can become off topic if you are determined....

• JorgeLocoJorgeLoco ✭✭✭

Right, but having an off-topic sub-forum at least curbs off-topic posts in the specific sections of this. I mean, I'm all for chaos, but I suspect our Niantic overlords are less interested in that

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

Did you guys here about that swarm of lady bugs? j/k but seriously there is a swarm of ladybugs...

Anywho back on topic... An off-topic category is really needed to keep things semi-on topic.

• ZennZenn ✭✭✭✭

Off topic might find a fitting home on the existing ingress subreddit