Reduced visibility under the fields in the latest version of the game (2.103.3).

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

The latest update is a real nightmare, released on Halloween. Here's a look at the visibility of the portals. They are not visible under the fields!

What are those dots?

Green portals are hard to see under green fields

Is it possible to replace the texture with a gradient that would not reduce visibility?

Neutral portals are like exotic matter. They are tiny when viewed from above. They are also hard to spot.

And yes, from below the fields we see an animation similar to floating clouds, this is wonderful, so why do we see ugly, miserable squares from above?

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

This is annoying as hell, how does it look when you zoom in a little?

Might have something to do with the resolution, I haven't heard this from anyone else yet. And on iOS (iPhone pro max) it's fine.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Was this not a problem previous versions ? yeah they look almost invisible now.

• Do you have a screenshot of what this looked like on the previous version, v2.102? I don't believe we changed anything intentionally here.

What Android device and Android OS version are you on?

Are you able to view these Portals if you turn on the Visited layer, or invert the Visited layer?

• Can you also share a lat lon or Intel Map address for where you're seeing this so that I can try and repro?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hello, unfortunately, I have no screenshots from past versions. i have just this one.

But before it was really better. Even if another field was superimposed on top of one field. There were no these glitches https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/20473/map-glitches-in-2-103-3#latest and the portals, as for me, looked more distinct. In this version, my map is not completely drawn and on the Samsung M20 phone, neutral portals are displayed like on screenshot, if you look from above, as well as some green portals are difficult to see under green fields. I provided you with the video.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=49.554299,25.617544&z=17 - intel link

And forgive me Brian for a small request, but please communicate at least sometimes with agents in General. Many of agents lack communication with the company but they need it. Thank you very much for your work.

Post edited by GreenVam on