Appeal ban

Hello every body, sorry for my bad English . I just received a 30 days ban from Niantic. The reason is always the same I think and they can’t discuss … but I recently made a really big multi, solo, 500000 mus, using mostly my legs with bike and run . I make triathlon and I like to play during my trainings. Mostly for all my actions in game I have gpx file of the activity . When I break a difficult portal without gpx file I make a selfie to have a proof. That’s second time I write this appeal because I can’t charge photo here. But I have the photo and I can give my Strava or suunto account, has I said in mails I had with Niantic. I thought I can do a sitreps because I was very proud of me but my English is so bad… and then I receive this ban. Niantic don’t want to tell me when I broke the rules . Of course , I didn’t … but I’m really désappointed…. Don’t now what to do. I ask to delete my account but local community tell me not and tell me to expose the problem here. Hope I can put the photos of my run and bike soon …

Comments

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can't you upload photos? You always can do it via for example imgur.com

By the way, I don't think it's a common phenomenon to record all daily movement into gpx files.

Are you sure that you are not actually loading pre-defined gpx files with spoofing tools?

• euh…. All people making sport are recording all there activities… and I mostly play ingress during my bike or run session …

for the photos, when I use the tools of the message, the message doesn’t go . I will try again

• But that’s not really matter . I can’t now if I can proof anything because I don’t know where and when and doing what Thera was a trouble . May be I have a Strava activities or may be not.

• The message I have when I want to add photos “You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

Just go to https://ingress.com/support and appeal the ban there via the chat window.

• thanks. I did that … my local community tell me to post on this forum because the appeal doesn’t make anything (other than “you brake rules , we know, we can’t communicate when where or for what but we know. I propose to give elements to prove my fairness… but maybe I can’t if it’s a problem during my travel to job or to buy some bread, I don’t have gpx for that …)

• Édit : i have gpx with the data of my power meter sensor when I am on the bike and my cardio sensor when I run. Think it’s more it’s more valuable than juste a gpx file alone (thanks theKingEngine I can make this important précision)

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Appeal on the forum does even less. Niantic has said multiple times that appeals via the forum are not looked at and that they have to go through the support. Even if you post evidence, Niantic will direct you to support.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

I know how you feel. I was recently banned from a chat group with no explanation whatsoever and no way to ask.

I wonder if they do appeals.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

was it hard reach portals? maybe someone reported u false thinking u were not there. its weird to get ban for legit play that doesnt make any sense from niantic ☹️

the game detects if u move too fast between portals but normal play just field shouldnt produce any ban

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

They say the forums don’t work, yet we’ve seen posts here in the forums help provide traction.

• difficult To say if there was a report . Not really reach portail but need to walk . I had selfie for these one every time I think.

thanks for your answers. I just seen that appeal on the forum doesn’t work anymore .

i don’t know what to do. Il will be si simple to tell « you have suspect activities here or here » and if I can product activities or selfie they could make the game and the anti spoofing better … or I can’t and I‘ll wait my 30 days to play again if I play again

edited October 2022

I was saying that because I've really seen cases where the appeal in support channel help lifted the ban before the pre-defined 30 days, for reasons I am not quite sure. So it might helps, though generally unlikely

• Thanks. I’ll my try again. But fist exchange doesn’t give me any chance to prove anything

• I’ve decided to report a bug. I thought it was a better way to be sure there will be a reach reaview of my account. Since many days I haven’t got any answer although the mail i received said I’ll have one. Is that normal ? Do I have to report a bug or make a new appeal ban to expose all my evidence ? Any idea ?

• arthin63arthin63 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

30 days ago now. I can ask to delete my account because Niantic doesn’t want when there’s a running ban . Enjoy playing this game and discover new roads with my bike . I think I can live and have fun on my bike without ingress. Thanks for all. I hope mods could close my account on this forum too. Bye

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very bad to see a false ban not uplifted.

• Niantic once again being sheet, run by bots.