Store CMU and CORE purchase failure

After an auto update to 2.101.3 on Android, store purchases for CMU or CORE subscription failed: Ingress asks for a password, which is failing.

It asks for the wrong account.

Password for fails - something went wrong.

When leaving the store it reports 'communication error'

First occurrence noticed was Oct 10, 2022.

Version 2.101.3 on Android

ps In the past finger print also worked.

Reinstall

My guess is the auto update installed incorrectly. Log out and reboot the device dont fix it.

But uninstall and install from scratch does fix it.

The buy button changed to '1-tap buy', by passing the account/password that had the issue.

So this bug no longer blocks me, but it likely affects other agents and would be good to fix.

Tagged:
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• From your screenshot, the verification prompt isn't coming from Ingress; this is Google Play asking you to sign in to confirm your purchase. We send your request to Google Play, and it looks like once you're on the Google Play screen, something went wrong. Google's help docs say to confirm you're running the latest version of Google Play and have the latest Android updates, and to confirm your date and time settings are correct.

We'll try to repro on our end, and if you haven't already, it'd be great if you could let the Google Play team know about the issue you're seeing here:

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

It is asking for the password to a non-ingress account. I think it should use the ingress account?

My personal visa card in gpay is attached to my gmail account used for ingress.

Ingress was asking the play store to sign in with a different account.

If I say 'forgot password' and reset account, it tries to reset my non-ingress account.

My guess is the installer incremental update doesnt respect the current 'ingress' personal account and installs for 'all users', leading to confusion about what account to ask Google Play to sign in for. It should do whatever a fresh install from the play store does.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

When did you last purchase something, are you sure you used same play account ..... ?

Aug 28 I subscribed to C.O.R.E. successfully.

Sep 25 I unsubscribed, which goes thru Google Play, but does not require credit card log in.

The issue started to occur on 1.101 release in early Oct. I first noticed Oct 10.

I am sure I did NOT use the same play account.. that is the issue. ingress is attempting to do a transaction on playstore / VISA with the wrong account. It should use my ingress/playstore account.

The work around is to uninstall ingress. The bug relates to updates.

This issue is still occurring. Can't purchase CMU or CORE

• Its not related to Ingress , Search on youtube , like How to purchase on google play with biometric ,

Before that double check your mail password

The issue is ingress is asking for the password of the wrong account. I need it to ask for my ingress account, which is also what I use for google pay / play store.

But even if I give the correct password for this wrong account, it says 'something is wrong'.

edited December 2022

On Playstore I do have fingerprint enabled

But this is for my personal account, which I use for Google Play and ingress.

The problem is ingress isn't using my ingress account for purchases. It is switching to my work account, which is not for ingress or Google Play. Is there a way to tell ingress to use my ingress account for purchases?