Dear forum administrator, can you share some information about how the game client is being fixed?

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in General

Our game is broken in many ways. And many players use cheat software. As an example, I spent a bunch of items today and couldn't demolish one resonator. I talked to other players. Some players have constant client freezes when recharging portals; other players are recharging as it should. So what? Isn't it worth fixing? Dear moderator, how is the fight against cheating software going? How is the fight against bots that charge or farm items?

How is bug fixing going? When will the buggy portal recharge be fixed?

Thank you in advance for your attention and detailed response.

This topic was closed for a long time, and since then we have not heard a single answer from the company.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

there is sadly almost no niantic responses lately, i mean just look how new releases they moved to the /news section where u cant comment.. i wonder why ? they dont want our feedback i guess... also where is thia ? been a while she wrote anything here... 🤨

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Double TS... so what happened to this forum,why news and release notes are not updated,communication seems to be gone too(excepting some unpredictable bugs in bug section).

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I sincerely believe that they will answer us. And I hope that we will not be answered in the style that most politicians say - "these problems are undoubtedly important, as well as your opinion." I hope that we will receive a concrete answer from someone from the representatives of the company.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

When the issues started, we had nothing. After about a year, we got a dialogue; Niantic created a topic we could post timestamps and 'help find the cause of the issue'. After a few months, people lost faith, a feeling that this would not be fixed.

Fast forward 1,5 years; we are now dealing with ongoing issues for 2,5 years. There was one mention of a 'tentative' fix to fix the recharge lag, but it was not successful.

They are not going to respond. They are not going to fix this. It's clear that it is an issue with the move to the new servers, and even the engineers like @ofer2 will not respond because this is what it is.

We had CORE introduced and they wanted the rating in the app/play store to improve. Promised us the world. Now we can't even get roadmaps or updates that actually fix things.

All we get is more bugs and issues.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

At least @NianticThia has logged in recently, but as to whether there will be a response? 🤷

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

You know, I honestly have the feeling lately that Niantic fired the moderator of this resource. And maybe even the community manager was fired too. For a long time, no response was heard from them.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

serveral weeks ago when the "Native Refresh Rate" option was introduced, I feel like all the lags have gone. Really.

But recently, with the update of the Ingress Prime client to the latest version, the lags have come back. What the

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

That was for a few days only. This morning the game was blazing fast as well, it feels like they rebooted the server instances and it takes a few hours to get 'clogged up' again and the latency returns.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Usually, rebooting hardware and software causes them to function more slowly immediately after the reboot and more quickly as time goes on because the reboot clears caches which then slowly get repopulated. Functioning more slowly over time is a sign of a bug, more often than not…

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah; that's what I mean. There obviously is something wrong with the backend which is why the latency occurs. Every now and then, deploying resonators is blazing fast. I've even posted a GIF somewhere like 2 years ago, and stated that whatever they did, they would have to do it more often.

But alas, until now it hasn't helped one bit. I enjoy playing with the high refresh rate and responsive servers, so it's once in a blue moon. (I took advantage today and created some fields, it was fun for once.)