This is not what we want!

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

There will have to be other players you would be able to team up with. I've been farming portals I can build myself mostly because nobody is around to build higher level portals. Telegram chatrooms are dead for more than a year at this point, with the occasional screenshot being sent.

A shame really.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

@Grogyan , quite a tacky advertisement timing coinciding with the CD changes. Try testing your pair of Niantic gloves while farming at zero degrees celsius, and kindly let us know the results.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same but not ingress themed. They won’t help if it’s really cold, unfortunately :>

• They have already made p8 possible without being 8 agents.

but maybe we will socialize more between hacks 🤪

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

@joecain , not really because there is no more incentive to farm anyways because of dwindling players and the fact that Niantic just likes to sell stuff associated with the dying game. Why farm? Just buy Resonators and XMPs from the store. Ito Ens are practically worthless for the remaining CORE subscribers. Why do we need those Niantic gloves being promoted again?

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@Amaterasu00 , I wonder how one can socialize with an agent suffering from hypothermia.

• edited October 2022

Alternatively (and the far better option) is to buy heated ski gloves and a stylus. Glider Gloves are not great for glyphing accuracy. I learnt this alternative as an Australian playing in snow for the first time in 2020.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have, and while they are tricky, but still able to complex glyph successfully. Most of the time.

Not an advertisement, but more of, this is where I got mine from.

Player complained, there was already a solution.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't play with a stylus anyways, so it wouldn't help.

As I said, it was tricky to glyph, ie using my index finger as opposed to my thumb. Not used to glyphing anyway with the index finger.

And yes that was at or near 0 degC

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the problem is that an agents perception/enjoyment of the game in one city can be wildly different to an agent in the next city over. While some of these changes or fixes to the game can benefit one city, it can worsen the experience in another. I live about 30 minutes south of Seattle and it's been pretty active throughout covid and in some ways, has been busier than it was just before covid hit, but still, nothing like it was 6-7 years ago, pre-PoGo.

And I think that's where Niantic seems to be missing the mark. This isn't the same game it was 7 years ago, in so many ways. Agent numbers, agent activity, marketing, communication, hype, etc. It might be similar in some bigger cities, but from the stories I've heard, this game in my area seems wildly different. The game devs seem to be spending oodles of time on "features" that benefit them and continuing to ignore actual features that will benefit the agents, which in turn slows down communities, out reach and bringing in new agents. Best believe I'm not talking to my friends about this game in it's current state. I'd love to find ways to hook them before they really understand the bigger picture. An outdated scoring mechanism, lack of solo play options and a lack of updates to the current options. Please update missions, please bring 3D to missions, please bring tasks to Ingress, please find new ways to make winning matter.

• I return two months ago to find what is essentially a game on life support.

The game's in a better situation than it was a year ago, as agents begin to return to the game as they come outside again. The concept that this is a pay to win game is a little absurd because the monetization is some of the weakest in a for-profit game that I can think of.

Now its going backwards again, its like Niantic have said "we have shown you how fun it can be, but now we are going to slow the gameplay back down to a crawl, but dont forget if you want to play faster just buy buy buy all the bits you want instead"

Not sure how the cooldown drives purchases... There's no way to pay to speed up the game that isn't available for a normal player in hacking anyway. You can't buy keys which is the major complaint for most people.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Grogyan I own a couple of pairs of capacitive gloves and they are awkward and imprecise compared to using your finger. I generally either buy fingerless gloves or I cut the tip of the right thumb and index finger off of a pair of regular gloves.

• TheismanTheisman ✭✭✭✭✭

What part about pay to win isn't blatantly obvious?

You can now by all your resos, weapons, cubes, shields in the store, there's no need to do any actual hacking for equipment anymore when you can just buy exactly what you need to kit yourself out, quickly.

Why wait 5 minutes at a portal, simply buy your gear now and be on your way.

The cooldown increase will drive more people to purchase items because they dont want to wait.

To claim theres no way to speed up playing by making purchases is either an extremely naive attitude or a disingenuous one.

All you need to hack for now is keys, then using your purchased goods you can attack capture shield and field, as long as you're happy to spend the money to do so.

Ingress has become pay to win.

As to the state of the game, in your location it may be better now than a year ago, but here it is in far far worse shape than it has ever been, and these changes are not going to make it any better.

• You can now by all your resos, weapons, cubes, shields in the store, there's no need to do any actual hacking for equipment anymore when you can just buy exactly what you need to kit yourself out, quickly.

The bit where that's "new" in the last few months from a year ago.

All you need to hack for now is keys, 

And since this is the primary thing people are complaining about, it's clear that it's actually the thing people care about. Because it's not worth buying gear, because you can hack an XMP from any portal. Don't get enough, just go to another.

It's only keys that require you to be at a specific portal, and that's why they're not for sale. Buying gear in the store is for whales who aren't going to "win" using R1s.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

I will believe it when I see a picture of the promoted product with the zero degrees celsius temperature shown. A video with an unbiased product review would be better.

• edited October 2022

I just want to be clear too here for what people are saying with "Pay to win".

For example, say you need 300 X8s to destroy a 20 portal farm cluster. That's probably a good average value. Heavily defended and recharged ones might take more, badly defended and maintained portals might take less.

So in AUD (my local currency), it's $36 to destroy a single farm ($24 if you're a big spender on efficient CMU). A farm that can be replaced by people who likely have enough R8s to simply do that, day in day out, from the generated gear, not a cent paid for it.

If that's pay to win, then I like that exchange because it really financially punishes anyone who tries to do this more than once. That's a decent dinner with drinks, and I know where I'd be spending the money instead of attacking a farm.

Each hypercube costs you 60c (40c for big spenders).

Each fracker costs you, at best, $1.79 each.

Each Apex is $1.50.

These prices are intentionally high to make the effort of hacking them instead, worthwhile. To make a better cost proposition for effort over simply purchasing the gear. The people who can look at the costs and just go "Yep, here's my credit card" are likely the ones who are going to invest in multiple phones or spoofer subscriptions instead.

Ingress isn't pay to win. It has options to pay exorbitant costs for minor and unsustainable advantage.

It's far better than any other for-profit game on the market because it's not making a profit.

• Horrible deal, you can get 4k bursters for like 1.99 USD on the black market.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

so you're acknowledging the black market as a valid entity for cost?

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

You forgot to factor in the expense associated with bots out there, dearie.

• "Dearie" (ignoring the sexist overtones), the expense associated with bots is irrelevant when I don't use bots, or pay for bots or buy gear from bots.

None of that has anything to do with the value of Niantic's products or the IAP elements. Cheating as always, is not something Niantic condones, nor something that legitimate players pay for.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden Au contraire, monsieur! It is exactly the legitimate players who pay for cheating.

Here's one example: I pay for cheating every time I play against a recharge bot. I may not be financing the bot but I'm spending my hard-earned (and potentially purchased) gear playing against someone who isn't following the rules. I pay for cheating whenever I drive a hundred miles to the middle of nowhere with a satellite phone only to have the portal spoofed down. These things cost the cheater next to nothing, but they cost me time, gear (which is also time, usually), and money.

• hahaha I was just kidding about the socializing thing. I do not like this at all. Think they should revert it back to 90 sek like NOW. But hopefully I will ger used to it..

• Oh I must calculate the worth of my farmings 😂😂

I know you can buy xmp in the shop inside the game like 10 b8 for 1 euro ish?

But didnt think that xmp was something people would buy illegal. It takes to much space compare to how fast they are comsumed. Id rather have 400 aegis extra, than 400 b8 extra. but thats my opinion.

It almoust seems like they are balancing out the farming agents strength, by reverting cooldown and introducing r kinetic..

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amaterasu00 If there's a market someone will figure out how to exploit it-- there are definitely illegal sellers out there. My understanding is that they bot farm and then spoof drop capsules at whatever coordinates you want. I believe you also run a high risk of Niantic confiscating the items Honest players won't do business with them but not all all players are honest.

I store a ton of X8 because I'm mostly a smasher-- I got onyx purifier before platinum builder, and double onyx purifier before onyx builder-- and I feel like I need to farm if I don't have at least a thousand X8s in my inventory. Different people have very different playstyles.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

If the cooldown is lower, I can micro field faster.

Then again, if we didn't have the lagg, I'd of recursed again, and be buying Apex to level back up faster. Now I just play less and don't buy anything except CORE for the 500 extra inventory slots.

• Not relevant to the statement "Ingress is pay to win". Stop trying to rewrite the statement I made.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Perringaiden I was correcting your assertion that legitimate players don't pay for cheating. They may not pay to purchase illegitimate gear but they definitely pay a price for it.

I've already made my case about why selling bursters is pay-to-win. If you'd like me to provide an example then I will happily make a spectacle of buying a thousand X8s (and some hypercubes to power them, although I don't need them) and demonstrate the devastation that I can purchase. In fact, that sounds like a really fun project once I get the time to do it.