This is not what we want!

edited September 2022 in General

I appeal to @Niantic_NS1 to roll back the Updates to Temporary In-game changes

Agents requests?

Feedback via a variety of avenues?

Why didn't you just do a poll in the scanner?

Which agents in their right minds would find it a good idea to wait 20 minutes at a portal instead of 5??

Which agents wanted to make the game even slower than it is now?

Cooldown makes the game boring and much more time consuming for no good reason at all

I would happily trade all the other permanent changes for an extra minute of cooldown

I'm pretty certain if you would do a poll with all active players you wouldn't get the outcome to bring the game back to before 2020.

You will lose players, especially the ones who started during the pandemic.

Please don't do it @Niantic_NS2 don't make ingress more of a waiting game than it already is @Niantic_NS1

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like it either.

That's the point, we have a swathe of tools at our disposal to make more effective time usage for key farming

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Because you do not want to use Heatsinks?

Seems a bit absurd

But if you want to cancel your subscription, I'm not going to stop you.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want a shorter cool down **** and capture the pirtal

• Yeah, i belive this game gets paid by pokemon go and not core users :D

• lets shut down our pogoaccounts? 😂

(just kidding)

I dont think coreprenumerations or pogoaccs will do anything to this question. But the comunity might be answeard of many enought speaks their mind.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

There was a matryoshka event, followed by the mechanic run multiple other times during special events. You can't revise history.

• Impact of this change on me... I won't recycle as many heat syncs going forward.

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

because i play in short bursts where i will go through 100-200 at a time microfielding, then build them back up. I generally wait for events with ap bonuses.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I have made several viable arguments for the extension of the cooldown timer.

Not the least of which is to encourage players to find alternative means to farm gear.

With which, we have a plethora.

Even conservative estimates show that there is no degradation to game play.

Ingress needs the 5min cooldown, this is to have a reasonable pace. ALL strategy games have a mechanism to regulate game pace.

Age of Empires, Supreme Commander, Chess, Magic the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh for example the list of games is extensive.

We might not like it, but it has a purpose.

@NianticBrian and the dev team would have done extensive analysis on this timer, and decided that the cooldown timer would be better at 3 minutes. 90s with a VRHS.

This is a fair compromise from what the game needs, 5 minutes, to still having a decent pace without gear, 3 minutes

This means that we value our time more, we value the gear we have, and use a little bit more, and we value events when the cooldown timer is shorter still.

This post like others I have made will be down voted.

And the other troll question I get is, so you really want longer cooldowns?

No! Absolutely not.

I value Ingress as a strategy game, and value every aspect of it. I value the times when we have shorter cooldowns on hacks.

• These changes might help the social side of the game. If gear is harder to get, then just plan a flash farm/bar hack and get at least 8 of your Ingress playing buddies to some portals, mod 'em, and frack 'em.