[Discussion] Updates to Temporary In-game Changes

Comments

• haha nope! But it also shows that even after 10 years, theres still much to discover in this game! 😆

But I must say, I really admire the founders medal, it means you have been around for long, and have experienced the development of this game. Many of those have very interesting points of view. Not always the same thoughts as I, but they sometimes ser things we newbies cant.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

u can always move to next portals, standing still is kinda boring...

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what exactly are people meant to do at pita portals that they are hacking keys for and the nearest portal is miles away?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Using frackers would definitely be beneficial in that case

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Basic math shows that with the 3min cool down, you can still achieve excellent key farming in 90 seconds with mods, and frackers.

But if you want to cancel your subscription then that is your decision.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Source of the claim of Frackers barely used, actually near zero in the last 3 years in the whole of New Zealand, after talking with dozens of players from all over the country on both factions.

I mentioned frackers multiple times on Telegram, and I have actually created a separate discussion as to reducing the cost of Frackers, and to include up to 2 in the CORE Subscriptions.

The math of the utility for key farming efficiently with frackers with the new cool down times, is sane and sensible. What isn't sensible, is that the cost of Frackers is absurd. Twice the cost of an Apex.

Outside of key farming, frackers these days have not much use, especially now that we have a Drone to farm gear at our leisure.

The last time I used a Fracker to farm gear was in Kuala Lumpur post Cassandra Prime Anomaly that was in Singapore, September 2018. I was meandering around KL as a holiday, but needed gear too.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

throw vr mods and multiple people can hack its ok

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

or just hack with multiple people without mods problem solved, keys should be hard earned i dont see a problem really its alot easier if u coordinate with your faction

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily - however we definitely don't understand niantic crapping on the core game mechanics by allowing under-field linking.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

And doing the same now by differentiating between faction portals. It will have far bigger impact than anyone realizes now, I believe.

. insert Jennifer Lawrence okay gif .

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

And what about those that

1. Can't make it to these portals due to health, lack of fitness, inability to get there anyway etc?

2. The places where there aren't enough agents, or even more than one agent to do this.