Time To Retire Quantum Capsules

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

That's examples with an s. More than 1, sweetie. You're a broken record.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

@MoogModular , are you just expressing what's really going on with you? So sad.... :)

oh wow, another classic from you

good job at being consistent

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@MoogModular , why don't give you pat yourself on the back for being the perfect bully in this forum :)

If you want the award for "being the victim" on here 👍

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

@MoogModular , not a victim because the ball started rolling already, dearie. You look at yourself first because your three fingers are pointing back at you.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

@MoogModular , wow how classy because that's all you can do. Really shows what you are :)

anyways we're getting way off track and I don't want this topic to close

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@MoogModular , need an introductory course to etiquette 101 dearie?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh all forums have stuff like this.

I said that long ago and then there's the same people who persist and somehow think they need to be cuddled on here everyday by Niantic. It's actually better they don't engage because even if they do communicate on here, their words get thrown back at them.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, let's carry this over to the vowel chat--- well disregard that.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

You were around for October 2019? I can say there were massive lag problems during anomaly.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

They've only been around for 10 years. Would think they would of gotten the hang of it by now.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Having Niantic takes some ACCOUNTABILITY for their games besides properly communicating with their players is not cuddling.

Niantic - creates mobile games and gets profits from it, but washes hands off accountability towards game development and expects to be supported by volunteer work by its players through portal scans. Washes hands off moderating toxic behaviors of its bad players and just hands it over to local authorities. Niantic also has no way of controlling the creation and removal of its portals whether it is inaccessible or dangerous to its existing players because it is managed by volunteers.

Why should they communicate to the people who constantly yell on here?

Other game companies have the same ****. It's just you're not looking within the same depth as knowing how Niantic functions.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@SSSputnik , well, one can see what type of CS representative they send in this forum together with the recent gameplay changes. Niantic is on self-destruct mode thus hastening the extinction of another game....

• Fanatic8099Fanatic8099 ✭✭
    edited September 2022

What does this have to do remote location portals or key duplication? If have players getting harassed, that's a completely different problem.

• It would still be a good anchor for as long as it lasted, and with a slowly increasing decay rate it would still stay live for several months if you dedicated the cubes to keeping it charged. Increasing it 5%/week would give you 18 weeks before it reached 100% and if you had the decay rate reset to base if someone physically interacted with the portal again (upgrade/deploy a mod) You could stretch that out a long time by revisiting the portal every couple of months.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fanatic8099 Not all portals can be revisited every couple of months... there are lots of high-quality durables that are closed seasonally.

One of the problems with requiring a portal to be revisited every couple of months is that it encourages spoofing. Because hacks aren't visible in comm it becomes impossible for players to know whether a portal was hacked legitimately or via spoofers in order to keep it alive. Also, upgrade/deploy a mod eventually becomes impossible, and it becomes impossible very quickly if multiple people can't get to the portal.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just cost a lot.

Some we use. Six hour drive. Most of day gone. Hotel overnight. Charter flight to island, $350, Ingress, then drive six hours home.

• ShottixShottix ✭✭✭✭

Hate this idea.

• As far as needing multiple people to keep upgrading the portal, that's not really true. If it is a particularly remote portal you're not likely to be throwing outbound links, so you could use all R1s to start. After 4 months you bump one to R2, Four months later R3, etc. At that rate it'd still be 8-7-1-1-1-1-1-1 after 4 years. Surely that's plenty of time for a portal to stay lit. If you ever got it maxed out so you couldn't upgrade it you could intentionally not charge one resonator during the days right before you re-visit the portal (and coordinate with the teammates you give keys to so they don't charge it either) then replace that one resonator without ever dropping links off of it. For that matter if an agent is revisiting the portal they could flip it, **** it, and rebuild every forth month.

An increasing decay rate doesn't solve every problem, but it might stop the some of whining about keys in Qcaps and "perma-fields" on portals "nobody" has access to. For that matter any solution will have drawbacks, but I think it beats killing the Qcaps.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fanatic8099 says, "If it is a particularly remote portal you're not likely to be throwing outbound links, so you could use all R1s to start."

That is not true at all in my experience. There are large regional variations in how the game plays, and I've thrown hella long links from all sorts of remote durable portals. My longest link is 4416km, and that was from a portal that was two hours away from a paved road and required a satellite phone because there was no cell service for miles. I live in California, so I've thrown lots of links across the Pacific Ocean.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

Quantum capsules are going away. Too many people with dozens of backpack accounts have ruined it for everyone. Just like the scrapers ruined the guardian badge. Niantic is just so painfully slow in reacting to the cheating that it just destroys the game for everyone playing legitimately. Very few legit players even left anymore.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@VenomousToad , realizing that one doesn't compete against a legitimate player (an agent with multiple users/bots) and has to deal with a lousy sport are additional reasons for our group not to play the game that often. This game had its heyday, but it is already dying, so what is the use of earning more badges when the game's expectancy is in question?

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

The game is dead in my area, the bad actors have run off my team. Nobody wants to fist fight over a game. The heyday is over. It just shows bullying will grow a team and remove the opposition. I've got one more badge to go and then I've got a decision to make. Don't really want to get hurt playing this game.

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

@VenomousToad , one wouldn't go overboard over a dying game like how the opposition faction fanatically guards their farm portals. Seriously, what kind of agents would go to great lengths to guard portals even in the early hours of the morning? Never realized how this game was really dying when one observed how bot networks operated. One might say, it is surreptitious, but how can it be when it is so obvious from the beginning...